Baldock in great form
Howard Cottage Cougars U-11 1 Baldock Town Youth Templars 3 BALDOCK began in blistering form with George Higginson forcing a save from the Cougars keeper in the first minute. A few seconds later the ball was in the net as the resulting corner from Matth
Howard Cottage Cougars U-11 1
Baldock Town Youth Templars 3
BALDOCK began in blistering form with George Higginson forcing a save from the Cougars keeper in the first minute.
A few seconds later the ball was in the net as the resulting corner from Matthew Judges eventually found its way to Alex Close who scored with a shot from outside the box.
You may also want to watch:
Cougars fought back and Connor Doyle had to make a goal saving tackle at one end before Close nearly scored again at the other, this time his shot going just wide.
As the first half drew to a close Cougars continued to push forward and it took a couple of good tackles from fullbacks Sam Kendle and Ryan Savage and a goal line clearance from William Budd to keep them out.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Cougars continued to press forward in the second half but Elodie Blanchfield and Cory Rodgers were looking solid at the heart of Baldock's defence and Baldock looked fast and dangerous on the break. Mark Rogers linked with Higginson to put Judges through.
His shot brought a good save from the keeper but Higginson was following in to score as the ball bounced loose.
Six minutes later Cougars finally got a reward for their attacking efforts to pull it back to 2-1 and a few minutes later it took a fine save from Baldock keeper Alex Taylor to stop them pulling level.
Both teams were playing good attacking football. A clever pass from Connor Gray split the Cougars defence and Daniel Nicholson had the pace to sprint through and make the game safe for Baldock.