Baldock in great form
Howard Cottage Cougars U-11 1 Baldock Town Youth Templars 3 BALDOCK began in blistering form with George Higginson forcing a save from the Cougars keeper in the first minute. A few seconds later the ball was in the net as the resulting corner from Matth
Howard Cottage Cougars U-11 1
Baldock Town Youth Templars 3
BALDOCK began in blistering form with George Higginson forcing a save from the Cougars keeper in the first minute.
A few seconds later the ball was in the net as the resulting corner from Matthew Judges eventually found its way to Alex Close who scored with a shot from outside the box.
You may also want to watch:
Cougars fought back and Connor Doyle had to make a goal saving tackle at one end before Close nearly scored again at the other, this time his shot going just wide.
As the first half drew to a close Cougars continued to push forward and it took a couple of good tackles from fullbacks Sam Kendle and Ryan Savage and a goal line clearance from William Budd to keep them out.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Cougars continued to press forward in the second half but Elodie Blanchfield and Cory Rodgers were looking solid at the heart of Baldock's defence and Baldock looked fast and dangerous on the break. Mark Rogers linked with Higginson to put Judges through.
His shot brought a good save from the keeper but Higginson was following in to score as the ball bounced loose.
Six minutes later Cougars finally got a reward for their attacking efforts to pull it back to 2-1 and a few minutes later it took a fine save from Baldock keeper Alex Taylor to stop them pulling level.
Both teams were playing good attacking football. A clever pass from Connor Gray split the Cougars defence and Daniel Nicholson had the pace to sprint through and make the game safe for Baldock.