Baldock in great form
Howard Cottage Cougars U-11 1 Baldock Town Youth Templars 3 BALDOCK began in blistering form with George Higginson forcing a save from the Cougars keeper in the first minute. A few seconds later the ball was in the net as the resulting corner from Matth
Howard Cottage Cougars U-11 1
Baldock Town Youth Templars 3
BALDOCK began in blistering form with George Higginson forcing a save from the Cougars keeper in the first minute.
A few seconds later the ball was in the net as the resulting corner from Matthew Judges eventually found its way to Alex Close who scored with a shot from outside the box.
Cougars fought back and Connor Doyle had to make a goal saving tackle at one end before Close nearly scored again at the other, this time his shot going just wide.
As the first half drew to a close Cougars continued to push forward and it took a couple of good tackles from fullbacks Sam Kendle and Ryan Savage and a goal line clearance from William Budd to keep them out.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 5 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 8 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Cougars continued to press forward in the second half but Elodie Blanchfield and Cory Rodgers were looking solid at the heart of Baldock's defence and Baldock looked fast and dangerous on the break. Mark Rogers linked with Higginson to put Judges through.
His shot brought a good save from the keeper but Higginson was following in to score as the ball bounced loose.
Six minutes later Cougars finally got a reward for their attacking efforts to pull it back to 2-1 and a few minutes later it took a fine save from Baldock keeper Alex Taylor to stop them pulling level.
Both teams were playing good attacking football. A clever pass from Connor Gray split the Cougars defence and Daniel Nicholson had the pace to sprint through and make the game safe for Baldock.