Baldock go top after goal feast
THERE was a feast of goals for Baldock as their season kicked off in style with seven first-half goals. They were 1-0 up in the first minute when Matt Judges found the net after some good work down the wing by Daniel Nicholson. Wymondley equalised two m
THERE was a feast of goals for Baldock as their season kicked off in style with seven first-half goals.
They were 1-0 up in the first minute when Matt Judges found the net after some good work down the wing by Daniel Nicholson.
Wymondley equalised two minutes later before the lively Judges made it two for Baldock direct from a corner.
The home side then got back on terms, before taking the lead for themselves.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock's Jordan Massey then hit a stunning equaliser with play switching from one end to the other.
With four minutes of the first half remaining, Baldock's Corey Lockwood set up a frantic goal feast by setting up three more scores.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
First he flicked the ball on for Judges to smash home his hat-trick, then picked Massey out for goal number five, and finally his long throw found Ryan Savage unmarked at the back post for goal number six.
Wymondley showed their luck was right out when one of their defenders turned in another testing corner to send Baldock into the break 7-3 up.
With 10 first half goals, the second half was always going to be far more sedate, although the hosts did try to make a game of things with an early strike.
However, Baldock kept the momentum up when Alex Close found the target with a curling drive and sent his side to the top of the table.