Baldock go top after goal feast
THERE was a feast of goals for Baldock as their season kicked off in style with seven first-half goals. They were 1-0 up in the first minute when Matt Judges found the net after some good work down the wing by Daniel Nicholson. Wymondley equalised two m
THERE was a feast of goals for Baldock as their season kicked off in style with seven first-half goals.
They were 1-0 up in the first minute when Matt Judges found the net after some good work down the wing by Daniel Nicholson.
Wymondley equalised two minutes later before the lively Judges made it two for Baldock direct from a corner.
The home side then got back on terms, before taking the lead for themselves.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock's Jordan Massey then hit a stunning equaliser with play switching from one end to the other.
With four minutes of the first half remaining, Baldock's Corey Lockwood set up a frantic goal feast by setting up three more scores.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
First he flicked the ball on for Judges to smash home his hat-trick, then picked Massey out for goal number five, and finally his long throw found Ryan Savage unmarked at the back post for goal number six.
Wymondley showed their luck was right out when one of their defenders turned in another testing corner to send Baldock into the break 7-3 up.
With 10 first half goals, the second half was always going to be far more sedate, although the hosts did try to make a game of things with an early strike.
However, Baldock kept the momentum up when Alex Close found the target with a curling drive and sent his side to the top of the table.