Bailey and Rushton pull Royston back from two goals down
Royston Celtics Whites 2 Letchworth GCE Blues 2 Under-12s Division One ROYSTON Celtics were the better team in the opening exchanges of this match as they put pressure on the Letchworth goal. They reduced their visitors to a couple of breakaways but Jack
Royston Celtics Whites 2 Letchworth GCE Blues 2
Under-12s Division One
ROYSTON Celtics were the better team in the opening exchanges of this match as they put pressure on the Letchworth goal.
They reduced their visitors to a couple of breakaways but Jack Mills was a rock at the back and along with Callum Pinner cleared away many of Letchworth's long balls.
You may also want to watch:
Edwards Atkins and Amon Henderson were also steady at the back.
The only incident of any note in the first half involved Justin Leavers who beat his defender and was seemingly brought down in the box only for nothing to be given for the incident as the match went into the break 0-0.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
The Whites seemed slow off the mark at the start of the second half and some good attacking play by Letchworth saw them race into a 2-0 lead.
The hosts were still in the game, however, and the return of George Bailey in his first game of the season saw a great solo goal peg one back before Leavers went down the wing, beating three players, and supplied a ball to James Rushton who slotted home to make it 2-2.