Bailey and Rushton pull Royston back from two goals down
Royston Celtics Whites 2 Letchworth GCE Blues 2 Under-12s Division One ROYSTON Celtics were the better team in the opening exchanges of this match as they put pressure on the Letchworth goal. They reduced their visitors to a couple of breakaways but Jack
Royston Celtics Whites 2 Letchworth GCE Blues 2
Under-12s Division One
ROYSTON Celtics were the better team in the opening exchanges of this match as they put pressure on the Letchworth goal.
They reduced their visitors to a couple of breakaways but Jack Mills was a rock at the back and along with Callum Pinner cleared away many of Letchworth's long balls.
You may also want to watch:
Edwards Atkins and Amon Henderson were also steady at the back.
The only incident of any note in the first half involved Justin Leavers who beat his defender and was seemingly brought down in the box only for nothing to be given for the incident as the match went into the break 0-0.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
The Whites seemed slow off the mark at the start of the second half and some good attacking play by Letchworth saw them race into a 2-0 lead.
The hosts were still in the game, however, and the return of George Bailey in his first game of the season saw a great solo goal peg one back before Leavers went down the wing, beating three players, and supplied a ball to James Rushton who slotted home to make it 2-2.