Bailey and Rushton pull Royston back from two goals down
Royston Celtics Whites 2 Letchworth GCE Blues 2 Under-12s Division One ROYSTON Celtics were the better team in the opening exchanges of this match as they put pressure on the Letchworth goal. They reduced their visitors to a couple of breakaways but Jack
Royston Celtics Whites 2 Letchworth GCE Blues 2
Under-12s Division One
ROYSTON Celtics were the better team in the opening exchanges of this match as they put pressure on the Letchworth goal.
They reduced their visitors to a couple of breakaways but Jack Mills was a rock at the back and along with Callum Pinner cleared away many of Letchworth's long balls.
Edwards Atkins and Amon Henderson were also steady at the back.
The only incident of any note in the first half involved Justin Leavers who beat his defender and was seemingly brought down in the box only for nothing to be given for the incident as the match went into the break 0-0.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 4 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 6 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 7 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 8 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
The Whites seemed slow off the mark at the start of the second half and some good attacking play by Letchworth saw them race into a 2-0 lead.
The hosts were still in the game, however, and the return of George Bailey in his first game of the season saw a great solo goal peg one back before Leavers went down the wing, beating three players, and supplied a ball to James Rushton who slotted home to make it 2-2.