Bailey and Bohan win Men’s Invitation
MARK Bailey and his guest and former member, Mark Bohan, won the Men’s Invitation at Royston Golf Club on Saturday.
Played in bright conditions with a southerly breeze, the pair amassed 44 points to seal a two-point victory over Lee Richardson and Paul Way. Jim Geraghty and Steve Coker were third on countback ahead of Keith Jest and Gordon Harvey.
Paul Lewis and Robert Copeland had the best front nine with 22 points while Malcolm Hayes and Steve Winder took the back nine prize with 43.
Meanwhile, Sid Seward had the round of his life on Sunday, carding a gross 72, nett 61 to win the Veterans Tankard for the second time. The immediate past captain, sped to the turn in 37 and then had a birdie at the 11th to take him back to level par.
He recorded just two further bogeys to win by five shots from Charlie Winter. Seward has seen his handicap tumble over the last 18 months and has now reached single figures for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
Pete Prentice had a magnificent back nine of four under-par, to record a gross 67, nett 63 in the Men’s Medal, but this was only a single shot ahead of Paul Thomson who traded three bogeys with five birdies for his gross 68, nett 64.
Simon Clark recorded a nett 65 just ahead of Peter Law and David Caunce.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
Elsewhere, Tom Smith won the Saturday Stableford with 41 points, edging out Trevor Sweeting and Adrian Shoebridge.
Alex Brain won the Junior Medal ahead of Matthew Barrett, Luke Bailey, Robbie Ponting and Lyle Clark. The juniors are preparing for their own Club Championship on September 17.