Badgers snatch a point
Broxbourne Badgers Res 4 Royston Town A 4 ROYSTON missed their chance of opening a gap at the top of the table as Broxbourne snatched a late leveller. And despite having the majority of the early play, Royston fell a goal behind after some clever play
Broxbourne Badgers Res 4
Royston Town A 4
ROYSTON missed their chance of opening a gap at the top of the table as Broxbourne snatched a late leveller.
And despite having the majority of the early play, Royston fell a goal behind after some clever play by the Broxbourne forwards.
You may also want to watch:
However, Royston soon drew level when Jay White finished from close range after good work by Gregg Jackson.
But it was a goal that kicked Broxbourne back into life and they were quickly in front for a second time.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
Aaron Williams then grabbed another Royston equaliser before half time, with the impressive youngster scoring his first goal in senior football.
It was much of the same in the second half, with Royston going in front for the first time thanks to a Danny Crosk effort.
But that was cancelled out moments later when Broxbourne made it 3-3.
Chances went begging for both teams, as the entertaining football continued.
And Royston thought they had snatched a late victory when Craig Parry volleyed home a deep cross.
However, the hosts showed great determination once more and grabbed an equaliser in the dying seconds.