Badgers snatch a point
Broxbourne Badgers Res 4 Royston Town A 4 ROYSTON missed their chance of opening a gap at the top of the table as Broxbourne snatched a late leveller. And despite having the majority of the early play, Royston fell a goal behind after some clever play
Broxbourne Badgers Res 4
Royston Town A 4
ROYSTON missed their chance of opening a gap at the top of the table as Broxbourne snatched a late leveller.
And despite having the majority of the early play, Royston fell a goal behind after some clever play by the Broxbourne forwards.
However, Royston soon drew level when Jay White finished from close range after good work by Gregg Jackson.
But it was a goal that kicked Broxbourne back into life and they were quickly in front for a second time.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 8 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
Aaron Williams then grabbed another Royston equaliser before half time, with the impressive youngster scoring his first goal in senior football.
It was much of the same in the second half, with Royston going in front for the first time thanks to a Danny Crosk effort.
But that was cancelled out moments later when Broxbourne made it 3-3.
Chances went begging for both teams, as the entertaining football continued.
And Royston thought they had snatched a late victory when Craig Parry volleyed home a deep cross.
However, the hosts showed great determination once more and grabbed an equaliser in the dying seconds.