Badgers snatch a point
Broxbourne Badgers Res 4 Royston Town A 4 ROYSTON missed their chance of opening a gap at the top of the table as Broxbourne snatched a late leveller. And despite having the majority of the early play, Royston fell a goal behind after some clever play
Broxbourne Badgers Res 4
Royston Town A 4
ROYSTON missed their chance of opening a gap at the top of the table as Broxbourne snatched a late leveller.
And despite having the majority of the early play, Royston fell a goal behind after some clever play by the Broxbourne forwards.
However, Royston soon drew level when Jay White finished from close range after good work by Gregg Jackson.
But it was a goal that kicked Broxbourne back into life and they were quickly in front for a second time.
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 6 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 7 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 8 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 10 Judoka Emma Reid from Royston wins Birmingham 2022 gold
Aaron Williams then grabbed another Royston equaliser before half time, with the impressive youngster scoring his first goal in senior football.
It was much of the same in the second half, with Royston going in front for the first time thanks to a Danny Crosk effort.
But that was cancelled out moments later when Broxbourne made it 3-3.
Chances went begging for both teams, as the entertaining football continued.
And Royston thought they had snatched a late victory when Craig Parry volleyed home a deep cross.
However, the hosts showed great determination once more and grabbed an equaliser in the dying seconds.