Back to the top
E-Trade Deconsfield 1 Royston Town A 4 ROYSTON took the chance to go back to the top of the table with a well constructed win away to e-trade. Again a re-shuffled side took time to find a rhythm and direction which was not made easier by the playing surfa
E-Trade Deconsfield 1 Royston Town A 4
ROYSTON took the chance to go back to the top of the table with a well constructed win away to e-trade.
Again a re-shuffled side took time to find a rhythm and direction which was not made easier by the playing surface and only once did Royston seriously penetrate a well drilled home defence.
The consistent Peter Hodgson got well forward and produced a pacy cross leaving Chris Ingrey with a simple finish.
You may also want to watch:
The game was over as a contest 20 minutes into the second half when Ingrey again finished a pin point Hodgson cross.
This second goal led to a 15 minute period of domination for the Crows who increased the lead with a Danny Crosk penalty a then cemented all the points when youngster Nathan Davenport created and finished a superb move to make it 4-1.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
With the game coming to a close the home side snatched a late consolation that had more than a hint of offside, but this should not distract from Royston's patient and disciplined performance.