Back to the top
E-Trade Deconsfield 1 Royston Town A 4 ROYSTON took the chance to go back to the top of the table with a well constructed win away to e-trade. Again a re-shuffled side took time to find a rhythm and direction which was not made easier by the playing surfa
E-Trade Deconsfield 1 Royston Town A 4
ROYSTON took the chance to go back to the top of the table with a well constructed win away to e-trade.
Again a re-shuffled side took time to find a rhythm and direction which was not made easier by the playing surface and only once did Royston seriously penetrate a well drilled home defence.
The consistent Peter Hodgson got well forward and produced a pacy cross leaving Chris Ingrey with a simple finish.
You may also want to watch:
The game was over as a contest 20 minutes into the second half when Ingrey again finished a pin point Hodgson cross.
This second goal led to a 15 minute period of domination for the Crows who increased the lead with a Danny Crosk penalty a then cemented all the points when youngster Nathan Davenport created and finished a superb move to make it 4-1.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
With the game coming to a close the home side snatched a late consolation that had more than a hint of offside, but this should not distract from Royston's patient and disciplined performance.