Back in the saddle
ROYSTON S Jamie Bunton, back in the saddle after a year away, has qualified for the Welsh Masters Open. The 24-year-old former young show jumper of the year will now take on the UK s best in one of the sport s most competitive events. He said: The Wel
ROYSTON'S Jamie Bunton, back in the saddle after a year away, has qualified for the Welsh Masters Open.
The 24-year-old former young show jumper of the year will now take on the UK's best in one of the sport's most competitive events.
He said: "The Welsh Open is a big competition and this is the first time I've entered so I'm really looking forward to it.
"It attracts a lot of competitors from across the country so it will be a tough competition. I'm still waiting to receive details from the organisers about what I'll actually be doing but I'll be ready for whatever comes my way."
You may also want to watch:
It's a remarkable return to form for Bunton's eight-year-old horse Worthy Dive, who has been kept out of competition for the past year with injury.
Bunton said: "This will be his first run out in the show jumping arena for about 18 months, but he has good experience and has jumped before in international competitions so I'm sure he'll be fine."
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
The event will also feature Great Britain's Robert Whitaker.
Bunton added: "I've got a lot of confidence in the horse and I'm certain we're going to do very well. It will be a tough event but I think we've got a realistic chance of winning it.