Attfield unhappy with draw
St Margaretsbury 2 Royston Town 2
ROYSTON TOWN drew 2-2 away at St Margaretsbury on Saturday after conceding an 84th minute equaliser.
Ricky Light put the home side ahead after just five minutes before goals either side of half time from midfielder Martin Standen and Ross Collins.
However they were unable to see the job through and Tom Scriven’s strike six minutes from time meant Royston were unable to claim the three points.
Crows boss Paul Attfield was disappointed with his team’s display and says they never really got to grips with the match.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The pitch wasn’t great but we didn’t start well. We never really got the upper hand in the game but we should have held on at the end and it’s two points dropped.
“Both teams struggled to get to grips with the bone-hard pitch so that’s not an excuse but we gave away a silly goal in the first five minutes and you can’t do that when you’re playing teams down near the bottom of the table.
- 1 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 2 Missing teen found safe and well
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
“We had a good period at the start of the second half but we never really had control of the game and we always looked like we were going to concede.”
Royston Town: Gibson, Bradshaw, Cain, McGrandles, Apostolos, Endacott, Edwards, Martin Standen, Collins, Lamacraft, Young.