Attfield resigns as Royston Town boss
- Credit: Archant
Paul Attfield has stepped down from his position as Royston Town manager due to ill health.
In his six years as boss at Garden Walk Attfield has guided the side from SSML Division strugglers to challenging for promotion from Calor Division One Central.
But the former Buntingford Town boss has been struggling with illness away from the game, which has forced his hand.
He said: “Firstly and most importantly my health has once again deteriorated to a level that means I cannot do the job in hand effectively enough and with the enthusiasm levels needed on match and training days.
“Secondly, it is of my opinion that the players need a fresh face at the helm with fresh ideas and the enthusiasm and mentally strong levels needed in this football division.”
You may also want to watch:
Attfield’s 320th and final game in charge was a disappointing 3-1 home defeat against AFC Hayes on Saturday.
Assistant manager Duncan Easley will take over as caretaker boss for the foreseeable futire until a decision is made on who will become full-time manager.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
For further coverage, see this week’s Royston Crow.