Attfield resigns as Royston Town boss
- Credit: Archant
Paul Attfield has stepped down from his position as Royston Town manager due to ill health.
In his six years as boss at Garden Walk Attfield has guided the side from SSML Division strugglers to challenging for promotion from Calor Division One Central.
But the former Buntingford Town boss has been struggling with illness away from the game, which has forced his hand.
He said: “Firstly and most importantly my health has once again deteriorated to a level that means I cannot do the job in hand effectively enough and with the enthusiasm levels needed on match and training days.
“Secondly, it is of my opinion that the players need a fresh face at the helm with fresh ideas and the enthusiasm and mentally strong levels needed in this football division.”
You may also want to watch:
Attfield’s 320th and final game in charge was a disappointing 3-1 home defeat against AFC Hayes on Saturday.
Assistant manager Duncan Easley will take over as caretaker boss for the foreseeable futire until a decision is made on who will become full-time manager.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
For further coverage, see this week’s Royston Crow.