Attfield quiet on Hammond return
CROWS boss Paul Attfield has dismissed suggestions former striker Craig Hammond will make a return to Garden Walk. The 23-year-old has had his contract with Blue Square Premier side Histon cancelled after he failed to impress at the Cambridgeshire outfit.
CROWS boss Paul Attfield has dismissed suggestions former striker Craig Hammond will make a return to Garden Walk.
The 23-year-old has had his contract with Blue Square Premier side Histon cancelled after he failed to impress at the Cambridgeshire outfit.
Royston had a bid excepted for the player earlier in the season - only for the deal to fall through at the last minute after he decided against a move back to crow country.
Hammond, who scored an astonishing 80 goals for the Crows last season, is now a free agent and would be permitted to join any club as he is no longer under contract.
You may also want to watch:
However, Attfield says he isn't looking to bring in any players between now and the end of the season.
"I've said before that we're three or four players short at the moment but I'm not really thinking about that at the moment because we've got important league and cup games coming up," he said.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
"Yes, we tried to sign him a few months ago but he didn't want to come here so I don't see any reason why that would've changed.
"Nothing surprises me in football anymore, though, but I'm not going to bust a gut over it and I don't really want to speculate about any possible new signings.