Attfield quiet on Hammond return
CROWS boss Paul Attfield has dismissed suggestions former striker Craig Hammond will make a return to Garden Walk. The 23-year-old has had his contract with Blue Square Premier side Histon cancelled after he failed to impress at the Cambridgeshire outfit.
CROWS boss Paul Attfield has dismissed suggestions former striker Craig Hammond will make a return to Garden Walk.
The 23-year-old has had his contract with Blue Square Premier side Histon cancelled after he failed to impress at the Cambridgeshire outfit.
Royston had a bid excepted for the player earlier in the season - only for the deal to fall through at the last minute after he decided against a move back to crow country.
Hammond, who scored an astonishing 80 goals for the Crows last season, is now a free agent and would be permitted to join any club as he is no longer under contract.
However, Attfield says he isn't looking to bring in any players between now and the end of the season.
"I've said before that we're three or four players short at the moment but I'm not really thinking about that at the moment because we've got important league and cup games coming up," he said.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
"Yes, we tried to sign him a few months ago but he didn't want to come here so I don't see any reason why that would've changed.
"Nothing surprises me in football anymore, though, but I'm not going to bust a gut over it and I don't really want to speculate about any possible new signings.