Attfield quiet on Hammond return
CROWS boss Paul Attfield has dismissed suggestions former striker Craig Hammond will make a return to Garden Walk. The 23-year-old has had his contract with Blue Square Premier side Histon cancelled after he failed to impress at the Cambridgeshire outfit.
CROWS boss Paul Attfield has dismissed suggestions former striker Craig Hammond will make a return to Garden Walk.
The 23-year-old has had his contract with Blue Square Premier side Histon cancelled after he failed to impress at the Cambridgeshire outfit.
Royston had a bid excepted for the player earlier in the season - only for the deal to fall through at the last minute after he decided against a move back to crow country.
Hammond, who scored an astonishing 80 goals for the Crows last season, is now a free agent and would be permitted to join any club as he is no longer under contract.
You may also want to watch:
However, Attfield says he isn't looking to bring in any players between now and the end of the season.
"I've said before that we're three or four players short at the moment but I'm not really thinking about that at the moment because we've got important league and cup games coming up," he said.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
"Yes, we tried to sign him a few months ago but he didn't want to come here so I don't see any reason why that would've changed.
"Nothing surprises me in football anymore, though, but I'm not going to bust a gut over it and I don't really want to speculate about any possible new signings.