Attfield quiet on Hammond return
CROWS boss Paul Attfield has dismissed suggestions former striker Craig Hammond will make a return to Garden Walk. The 23-year-old has had his contract with Blue Square Premier side Histon cancelled after he failed to impress at the Cambridgeshire outfit.
CROWS boss Paul Attfield has dismissed suggestions former striker Craig Hammond will make a return to Garden Walk.
The 23-year-old has had his contract with Blue Square Premier side Histon cancelled after he failed to impress at the Cambridgeshire outfit.
Royston had a bid excepted for the player earlier in the season - only for the deal to fall through at the last minute after he decided against a move back to crow country.
Hammond, who scored an astonishing 80 goals for the Crows last season, is now a free agent and would be permitted to join any club as he is no longer under contract.
However, Attfield says he isn't looking to bring in any players between now and the end of the season.
"I've said before that we're three or four players short at the moment but I'm not really thinking about that at the moment because we've got important league and cup games coming up," he said.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 4 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
"Yes, we tried to sign him a few months ago but he didn't want to come here so I don't see any reason why that would've changed.
"Nothing surprises me in football anymore, though, but I'm not going to bust a gut over it and I don't really want to speculate about any possible new signings.