Attfield prepares for Crows promotion bid
Royston Town have announced five pre-season friendly fixtures. First up for The Crows is the short trip to Herts Senior County League side Standon & Puckeridge, the team that knocked them out of Herts FA Senior Centenary Trophy last season. A game at Ess
Royston Town have announced five pre-season friendly fixtures.
First up for The Crows is the short trip to Herts Senior County League side Standon & Puckeridge, the team that knocked them out of Herts FA Senior Centenary Trophy last season.
A game at Essex Senior League Takeley follows, before Paul Attfield's side head to Haringey Borough, last season's South Midlands promotion rivals.
Cambridge City will be Royston's first home game in the first week of August, which will be followed by a trip to Fowlmere - a game that Fowlmere boss Steve Walker is certainly looking forward to.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It will be a good test for us. It's great for the club to get a team like Royston down here and I'm sure we'll give a good account of ourselves.
"Knowing Paul quite well, it will be nice to pitch myself against him. I know quite a few of their players too, so it promises to be a good game."
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Royston also have a Herts Charity Shield tie against Leverstock Green to fit in.
Attfield said: "Our programme is quite intense, but I'm expecting our pre-season squad to be quite large - so these games will give me the opportunity to look at all the players."
Royston start pre-season training on Tuesday, July 3, at Meridian School.
Fixtures: July 29: Standon and Puckeridge ( A) 6.45pm; July 31: Takeley (A) 7.45pm. August 2: Haringey Borough ( A) 3pm; August 5: Cambridge City ( H) 7.45pm; August 7: Fowlmere ( A) 6.45pm.