Attfield prepares for Crows promotion bid
Royston Town have announced five pre-season friendly fixtures. First up for The Crows is the short trip to Herts Senior County League side Standon & Puckeridge, the team that knocked them out of Herts FA Senior Centenary Trophy last season. A game at Ess
Royston Town have announced five pre-season friendly fixtures.
First up for The Crows is the short trip to Herts Senior County League side Standon & Puckeridge, the team that knocked them out of Herts FA Senior Centenary Trophy last season.
A game at Essex Senior League Takeley follows, before Paul Attfield's side head to Haringey Borough, last season's South Midlands promotion rivals.
Cambridge City will be Royston's first home game in the first week of August, which will be followed by a trip to Fowlmere - a game that Fowlmere boss Steve Walker is certainly looking forward to.
He said: "It will be a good test for us. It's great for the club to get a team like Royston down here and I'm sure we'll give a good account of ourselves.
"Knowing Paul quite well, it will be nice to pitch myself against him. I know quite a few of their players too, so it promises to be a good game."
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 5 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
Royston also have a Herts Charity Shield tie against Leverstock Green to fit in.
Attfield said: "Our programme is quite intense, but I'm expecting our pre-season squad to be quite large - so these games will give me the opportunity to look at all the players."
Royston start pre-season training on Tuesday, July 3, at Meridian School.
Fixtures: July 29: Standon and Puckeridge ( A) 6.45pm; July 31: Takeley (A) 7.45pm. August 2: Haringey Borough ( A) 3pm; August 5: Cambridge City ( H) 7.45pm; August 7: Fowlmere ( A) 6.45pm.