Attfield prepares for Crows promotion bid
Royston Town have announced five pre-season friendly fixtures. First up for The Crows is the short trip to Herts Senior County League side Standon & Puckeridge, the team that knocked them out of Herts FA Senior Centenary Trophy last season. A game at Ess
Royston Town have announced five pre-season friendly fixtures.
First up for The Crows is the short trip to Herts Senior County League side Standon & Puckeridge, the team that knocked them out of Herts FA Senior Centenary Trophy last season.
A game at Essex Senior League Takeley follows, before Paul Attfield's side head to Haringey Borough, last season's South Midlands promotion rivals.
Cambridge City will be Royston's first home game in the first week of August, which will be followed by a trip to Fowlmere - a game that Fowlmere boss Steve Walker is certainly looking forward to.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It will be a good test for us. It's great for the club to get a team like Royston down here and I'm sure we'll give a good account of ourselves.
"Knowing Paul quite well, it will be nice to pitch myself against him. I know quite a few of their players too, so it promises to be a good game."
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Royston also have a Herts Charity Shield tie against Leverstock Green to fit in.
Attfield said: "Our programme is quite intense, but I'm expecting our pre-season squad to be quite large - so these games will give me the opportunity to look at all the players."
Royston start pre-season training on Tuesday, July 3, at Meridian School.
Fixtures: July 29: Standon and Puckeridge ( A) 6.45pm; July 31: Takeley (A) 7.45pm. August 2: Haringey Borough ( A) 3pm; August 5: Cambridge City ( H) 7.45pm; August 7: Fowlmere ( A) 6.45pm.