Attfield looking for more attacking quality
Lack of goals still an issue for Crows boss
CROWS boss Paul Attfield says he still needs to add more attacking quality to his squad in order to achieve promotion.
Royston’s main problem so far this season has been the inability to take chances in front of goal despite the fact they have dominated the majority of games they have played.
And Attfield feels that, unless his team can buck this unwanted trend, he will continue in his search for strikers who can find the target on a more regular basis.
“We can’t keep doing what we’re doing,” said Attfield.
“We are seeing a similar pattern of results as last season except this year we aren’t scoring enough goals.
“We can’t keep making excuses, though, and we don’t want to be falling too far behind. We haven’t done that well so far but we are still third in the table but the truth is we haven’t been good enough in the final third.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 8 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 9 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Attfield gave a start to new striker Bobby Dance on Tuesday night against March Town while fellow new-boy Xaniel Doku also got his chance to show what he can do up front when he came on as a substitute.
Only time will tell whether these two will add the quality Attfield is looking for but for the moment the manager will not be content until the goals begin to flow once more.
“We are not going to get out of this league with the quality we’ve got,” added Attfield.
“We are going to need a bit more and I’ve got my eyes on a few players.
“However, we will keep going and I’m sure we’ll get there.”