Attfield looking for more attacking quality
Lack of goals still an issue for Crows boss
CROWS boss Paul Attfield says he still needs to add more attacking quality to his squad in order to achieve promotion.
Royston’s main problem so far this season has been the inability to take chances in front of goal despite the fact they have dominated the majority of games they have played.
And Attfield feels that, unless his team can buck this unwanted trend, he will continue in his search for strikers who can find the target on a more regular basis.
“We can’t keep doing what we’re doing,” said Attfield.
You may also want to watch:
“We are seeing a similar pattern of results as last season except this year we aren’t scoring enough goals.
“We can’t keep making excuses, though, and we don’t want to be falling too far behind. We haven’t done that well so far but we are still third in the table but the truth is we haven’t been good enough in the final third.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
Attfield gave a start to new striker Bobby Dance on Tuesday night against March Town while fellow new-boy Xaniel Doku also got his chance to show what he can do up front when he came on as a substitute.
Only time will tell whether these two will add the quality Attfield is looking for but for the moment the manager will not be content until the goals begin to flow once more.
“We are not going to get out of this league with the quality we’ve got,” added Attfield.
“We are going to need a bit more and I’ve got my eyes on a few players.
“However, we will keep going and I’m sure we’ll get there.”