Greneway s talented Year 6 Sportshall Athletics team travelled to Knights Templar School (Baldock) for the final of North Herts Primary Schools Sportshall Athletics Championships last week. The other finalists were William Ransom, Ickleford, Pixmore, St.
Greneway's talented Year 6 Sportshall Athletics team travelled to Knights Templar School (Baldock) for the final of North Herts Primary Schools' Sportshall Athletics Championships last week.
The other finalists were William Ransom, Ickleford, Pixmore, St.Andrews, St.Thomas More, Lordship Farm and Wilbury Primary schools.
The athletes experienced the following events: Track: Obstacle relay, 2 x 2 lap relay, 2 x 3 lap relay, 4 x 1 lap relay. Field: standing long jump, standing triple jump, speed bounce, balance bar, chest push, foam javelin.
For each competitor the distance and times determine places and points. Following some nerves, lots of adrenaline, great races and exciting field events both the girls and the boys teams were placed first and Greneway were first school overall to be crowned worthy North Herts Schools' Champions for 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Greneway team: Megan Pinner (capt), Amy Cooper, Eleanor Bishop, Annie Clark, Charlotte Pinner, Lara Gibson, Amber Rivers, Beth Cooper, Danielle Calvert, Hannah Tofts, Megan Kabba, Guy Curtis, Rob Brumby (capt.), Sam Burton, Joe Walsh, Joe Reddan, Fergus Campbell, Anthony Lane, George Sames, Callum Turner, Alex Brain, Barnaby Jordan
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme