Ashwell struggle against Girton
Ashwell CC (120 all out) lost to Girton (121-3 in 30.5 overs) by seven wickets Ashwell s return to action this weekend resulted in defeat to a Girton side who made the most of early conditions and never really allowed Ashwell into the game. Having been as
Ashwell CC (120 all out) lost to Girton (121-3 in 30.5 overs) by seven wickets
Ashwell's return to action this weekend resulted in defeat to a Girton side who made the most of early conditions and never really allowed Ashwell into the game.
Having been asked to bat first, Ashwell's top order struggled to get the new ball away as both Hobbs and Burton bowled tightly and were backed up by good fielding.
At the halfway stage of the innings Ashwell had made just 36-2, with Tom Wallace fighting a lone battle after the dismissal of Tim Moynihan (10). As the innings progressed, Wallace became more expansive against Girton's change bowlers and hit nine boundaries in a well constructed 57.
You may also want to watch:
Wallace didn't receive as much support as was needed from the middle order as only Graeme Hodson (14) and Jonathan Merrell (11) reached double figures.
The innings came to an end on the last ball of the allotted 45 overs as Ashwell were all out for 120.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
In reply, Girton lost Thornton early and, when Graham Scott (2-22) also accounted for the hard hitting Robinson, Girton were 29-2.
Any doubts they may have had about reaching the target were allayed by Huxley, who made a patient 56no. Despite the efforts of Alex Griffin (1-24), Girton made 121-3 with 14 overs to spare.