Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur legends to play in testimonial
Garden Walk to host match in honour of Ian Allen OBE
ARSENAL legend Perry Groves is just one of a number of memorable faces that will be turning out at Garden Walk next week for a testimonial match in honour of Ian Allen OBE.
The evening will see Royston Town Veteranss take on Steve Fallon’s All Stars in recognition of the 70-year-old Allen, who is a long-standing Royston Town Vets and a former manager of Royston Town ‘A’.
The match will kick off at 7.45pm at Garden Walk on Thursday, November 3, with a �1 charge on the gate. The bar will be open after the match for people to have a drink and a bite to eat. All money raised from the gate will go to a charity of Allen’s choice.
It promises to be an enjoyable night so try and get down there. Here is a list of the players in Steve Fallon’s All Stars, including former Tottenham Hotspur players Tony Galvin, Mark Falco and Gary Brookes:
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 3 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 8 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 9 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 10 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
Matt Mitchel king
Guests appearing for Royston Town Vets are former Arsenal pair Groves and Tommy Robson.