Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur legends to play in testimonial
Garden Walk to host match in honour of Ian Allen OBE
ARSENAL legend Perry Groves is just one of a number of memorable faces that will be turning out at Garden Walk next week for a testimonial match in honour of Ian Allen OBE.
The evening will see Royston Town Veteranss take on Steve Fallon’s All Stars in recognition of the 70-year-old Allen, who is a long-standing Royston Town Vets and a former manager of Royston Town ‘A’.
The match will kick off at 7.45pm at Garden Walk on Thursday, November 3, with a �1 charge on the gate. The bar will be open after the match for people to have a drink and a bite to eat. All money raised from the gate will go to a charity of Allen’s choice.
It promises to be an enjoyable night so try and get down there. Here is a list of the players in Steve Fallon’s All Stars, including former Tottenham Hotspur players Tony Galvin, Mark Falco and Gary Brookes:
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 8 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Matt Mitchel king
Guests appearing for Royston Town Vets are former Arsenal pair Groves and Tommy Robson.