Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur legends to play in testimonial
Garden Walk to host match in honour of Ian Allen OBE
ARSENAL legend Perry Groves is just one of a number of memorable faces that will be turning out at Garden Walk next week for a testimonial match in honour of Ian Allen OBE.
The evening will see Royston Town Veteranss take on Steve Fallon’s All Stars in recognition of the 70-year-old Allen, who is a long-standing Royston Town Vets and a former manager of Royston Town ‘A’.
The match will kick off at 7.45pm at Garden Walk on Thursday, November 3, with a �1 charge on the gate. The bar will be open after the match for people to have a drink and a bite to eat. All money raised from the gate will go to a charity of Allen’s choice.
It promises to be an enjoyable night so try and get down there. Here is a list of the players in Steve Fallon’s All Stars, including former Tottenham Hotspur players Tony Galvin, Mark Falco and Gary Brookes:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Matt Mitchel king
Guests appearing for Royston Town Vets are former Arsenal pair Groves and Tommy Robson.