Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur legends to play in testimonial
Garden Walk to host match in honour of Ian Allen OBE
ARSENAL legend Perry Groves is just one of a number of memorable faces that will be turning out at Garden Walk next week for a testimonial match in honour of Ian Allen OBE.
The evening will see Royston Town Veteranss take on Steve Fallon’s All Stars in recognition of the 70-year-old Allen, who is a long-standing Royston Town Vets and a former manager of Royston Town ‘A’.
The match will kick off at 7.45pm at Garden Walk on Thursday, November 3, with a �1 charge on the gate. The bar will be open after the match for people to have a drink and a bite to eat. All money raised from the gate will go to a charity of Allen’s choice.
It promises to be an enjoyable night so try and get down there. Here is a list of the players in Steve Fallon’s All Stars, including former Tottenham Hotspur players Tony Galvin, Mark Falco and Gary Brookes:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
Matt Mitchel king
Guests appearing for Royston Town Vets are former Arsenal pair Groves and Tommy Robson.