Arrowheads recover from slow start to blow away the Colts
Stevenage Colts Greens 1 Austen Arrowheads 6 Under-15s Division Two Austen Arrowheads started off a bit sluggish in the first 15 minutes of this game, not really stamping their authority on the Colts. But Arrowheads started to get to grips with their oppo
Stevenage Colts Greens 1 Austen Arrowheads 6
Under-15s Division Two
Austen Arrowheads started off a bit sluggish in the first 15 minutes of this game, not really stamping their authority on the Colts.
But Arrowheads started to get to grips with their opponents, creating the first clear chance of the game, from a fine through ball from midfield which Ryan Wymer latched onto only to fire his shot wide of the post.
You may also want to watch:
The warning signs were there for all to see and it was Ryan who was to open the scoring from the very next attack after he was put clear by Zach Shaw. This time he slotted his shot into the net for a neat finish.
There was a brief rally from the Colts but the excellent Austen defence, restricted them to long range efforts.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Zach was starting to influence the game from midfield with his powerful and direct running. He made it 2-0 with a perfectly placed shot before Ryan grabbed his second of the game just before the half time whistle after some a nice build up with Vinesh Gohil and Azhar Latif linking up to release Ryan to make it a three-goal lead at the half.
At the start of the second half, it was the Colts who had the first chance to try and get back in the game but a combination of DJ, Ryan Maguire and Alex Gould dealt with the danger.
Stuart Thomas was next to get on the scoresheet after good work from Vinesh, who put him through and in on goal, where he found the back of the net to make it 4-0.
Arrowheads were firmly in the ascendancy bossing the game and creating some good chances when Zach Shaw grabbed his second, again after powering past two defenders to crash a shot past the 'keeper giving him no chance.
Colts managed to pull one back through a hotly-disputed penalty. It was the best 10 minutes of the game for the Colts as they were buoyed by the penalty and could have scored again but for the alert DJ, who was to make a fine save to stop a second Colts goal.
It was to be Austen who had the last word on the game when a perfectly weighted through ball from Conor Bennett released Stuart to fire in his second and Arrowheads' sixth.