Arrowheads hit the target
Austen Arrowheads 5 Shefford Saints 0 Under-15s Division Two SHEFFORD Saints were Austen Arrowheads first opponents at their new home at the Nobel School and the visitors also had to bring a willing referee after the allocated official pulled out late on
Austen Arrowheads 5 Shefford Saints 0
Under-15s Division Two
SHEFFORD Saints were Austen Arrowheads' first opponents at their new home at the Nobel School and the visitors also had to bring a willing referee after the allocated official pulled out late on Saturday through injury.
The Arrowheads set off at a blistering pace, causing their opponents problems down both flanks early on, and had early chances through Ryan Wymer, whose shot was saved, and Azhar Latif, who saw his wicked, dipping shot just clear the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan then hit the post before Conor Bennett hit the crossbar and the woodwork took a third battering when Vinesh Gohil smashed his free kick onto it.
At the other end of the pitch, Darren Gormley made a fine save after the Saints' attacker forced his way past the last defender but despite some fine runs from man-of-the-match Zach Shaw to admire when he was unlucky not to score, the Arrowheads went in level at the break.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
The second half began with a goal for the hosts when Zach burst past the Shefford defence before firing a fierce shot past the keeper for a top quality opener.
This inspired the team which then set about dismantling Shefford as Zach put away his and his team's second before Conor scored from an acute angle after a fine dribble around a despairing keeper to make it three.
Ryan finally got his goal after a well delivered ball into the box was dispatched with a clinical header wide of the keeper, and Azhar capped a fine display with a stab in from a corner to make it five.