Arnold seals boys’ open singles title
ONE of Royston s most talented young players has won the Bury & West Suffolk under-12 Boys Open Singles Championship. Miles Arnold, who represents Royston Tennis Club, notched up several wins on his way to the title and won his final in terrific style.
ONE of Royston's most talented young players has won the Bury & West Suffolk under-12 Boys Open Singles Championship.
Miles Arnold, who represents Royston Tennis Club, notched up several wins on his way to the title and won his final in terrific style.
He is currently ranked number seven in the under-12 Cambridgeshire section, and came back strong after a well-contested first set and applied relentless pressure in the second set to force a championship tie-break to eventually win the title 3-6, 6-4, 10-3.
Miles, who competes all year in both indoor and outdoor tournaments, and is coached by Royston's head coach Matt Fellingham, now has his sights set on the Framlingham Tennis Tournament in search of another trophy.
You may also want to watch:
- Emily Arnold, 10, also of Royston Tennis Club, reached the under-12 girls doubles final, in which she finished runner-up after a tough match.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images