Arnold seals boys’ open singles title
ONE of Royston s most talented young players has won the Bury & West Suffolk under-12 Boys Open Singles Championship. Miles Arnold, who represents Royston Tennis Club, notched up several wins on his way to the title and won his final in terrific style.
ONE of Royston's most talented young players has won the Bury & West Suffolk under-12 Boys Open Singles Championship.
Miles Arnold, who represents Royston Tennis Club, notched up several wins on his way to the title and won his final in terrific style.
He is currently ranked number seven in the under-12 Cambridgeshire section, and came back strong after a well-contested first set and applied relentless pressure in the second set to force a championship tie-break to eventually win the title 3-6, 6-4, 10-3.
Miles, who competes all year in both indoor and outdoor tournaments, and is coached by Royston's head coach Matt Fellingham, now has his sights set on the Framlingham Tennis Tournament in search of another trophy.
You may also want to watch:
- Emily Arnold, 10, also of Royston Tennis Club, reached the under-12 girls doubles final, in which she finished runner-up after a tough match.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Covid jabs update: 'Bring us closer to freedom' plea
- 10 Students' work featured in online art exhibition