Another cup ko for Royston
The 61 FC 2 Royston Town 0 FAILIURE to convert chances cost Royston again on Saturday as they were knocked out of their third cup in two weeks. Despite missing a number of key players, the Crows created enough opportunities to have reached the next round
The 61 FC 2 Royston Town 0
FAILIURE to convert chances cost Royston again on Saturday as they were knocked out of their third cup in two weeks.
Despite missing a number of key players, the Crows created enough opportunities to have reached the next round of the Challenge Trophy.
But they fell behind early on, when Aaron Smith pounced on a long ball into the Royston box after just 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Crows responded well and within minutes Lee Rogers created space for Graham Tibbals, but the striker failed to find the target.
Seb Ndombe then went even closer, before Brett Purkiss wasted a great chance before half time when Rogers played him through for a one-on-one.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
In the second half, Royston continued to squander chances as both Tibbals and Purkiss missed golden opportunities. Nathan Davenport and Carl Edwards also had decent chances before Andrew Smith punished Royston with his side's second.