Another cup ko for Royston
The 61 FC 2 Royston Town 0 FAILIURE to convert chances cost Royston again on Saturday as they were knocked out of their third cup in two weeks. Despite missing a number of key players, the Crows created enough opportunities to have reached the next round
The 61 FC 2 Royston Town 0
FAILIURE to convert chances cost Royston again on Saturday as they were knocked out of their third cup in two weeks.
Despite missing a number of key players, the Crows created enough opportunities to have reached the next round of the Challenge Trophy.
But they fell behind early on, when Aaron Smith pounced on a long ball into the Royston box after just 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
However, the Crows responded well and within minutes Lee Rogers created space for Graham Tibbals, but the striker failed to find the target.
Seb Ndombe then went even closer, before Brett Purkiss wasted a great chance before half time when Rogers played him through for a one-on-one.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
In the second half, Royston continued to squander chances as both Tibbals and Purkiss missed golden opportunities. Nathan Davenport and Carl Edwards also had decent chances before Andrew Smith punished Royston with his side's second.