Angus leads charge
GREAT Chishill s slow bowlers Steve Gardner and Angus Gent conceded just 48 runs from their allocated 20 overs to restrict USSC to 165 in Division 1S of the Junior League. Early on Chishill s plan of grinding out the runs seemed to have backfired when th
GREAT Chishill's slow bowlers Steve Gardner and Angus Gent conceded just 48 runs from their allocated 20 overs to restrict USSC to 165 in Division 1S of the Junior League.
Early on Chishill's plan of grinding out the runs seemed to have backfired when they failed to reach a three figure total after 30 overs of their reply and the required rate had climbed to over eight per over.
The defiant Gary Wright (46) was then joined by Gent, and the picture quickly changed as the skipper masterminded a run chase which saw 70 plundered from the last 10 overs. The captain finished on 57 not out to see his side home with just five balls remaining.
- HATLEY were back in action at home to Hare Street, with the hosts setting a testing total of 222-9.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Knibbs top scored with 60 and Nick Lenton also did well to reach 51. In reply Hare Street fell 48 runs short with Bob Hammond top scoring with 65. Hatley's Steve Hooley took three wickets with Matt Knibbs and Smokie Jakes taking two each.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash