Angus leads charge
GREAT Chishill s slow bowlers Steve Gardner and Angus Gent conceded just 48 runs from their allocated 20 overs to restrict USSC to 165 in Division 1S of the Junior League. Early on Chishill s plan of grinding out the runs seemed to have backfired when th
GREAT Chishill's slow bowlers Steve Gardner and Angus Gent conceded just 48 runs from their allocated 20 overs to restrict USSC to 165 in Division 1S of the Junior League.
Early on Chishill's plan of grinding out the runs seemed to have backfired when they failed to reach a three figure total after 30 overs of their reply and the required rate had climbed to over eight per over.
The defiant Gary Wright (46) was then joined by Gent, and the picture quickly changed as the skipper masterminded a run chase which saw 70 plundered from the last 10 overs. The captain finished on 57 not out to see his side home with just five balls remaining.
- HATLEY were back in action at home to Hare Street, with the hosts setting a testing total of 222-9.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Knibbs top scored with 60 and Nick Lenton also did well to reach 51. In reply Hare Street fell 48 runs short with Bob Hammond top scoring with 65. Hatley's Steve Hooley took three wickets with Matt Knibbs and Smokie Jakes taking two each.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes