Angling - Steve’s on form
THE third match in the Royston and District Angling Club Evening League was won by Steve McGuire with 17 lbs 15 oz. Chris Rule finished second with 14 lbs 7oz, while Andy Jarvis caught a 10 lbs 15oz carp minutes before the final whistle to take third plac
THE third match in the Royston and District Angling Club Evening League was won by Steve McGuire with 17 lbs 15 oz.
Chris Rule finished second with 14 lbs 7oz, while Andy Jarvis caught a 10 lbs 15oz carp minutes before the final whistle to take third place with 13 lbs 1oz.
Ralph Currie missed out on the carp, but was fourth with 6 lbs 6 oz of silver fish.
Ryan Jarvis had a disappointing match with 1lb 11oz of small perch and roach, but continued fishing after the match and landed a 7 lb 2oz mirror carp.
You may also want to watch:
The club's next match will be the President's Cup match, fished in conjunction with Eternit AC and Rugby Cement AC at Eternit's Rhee Valley Lake at Shepreth on Sunday,
The draw will be at 9am and fishing from 10-4.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
The usual optional bank pool will be held. Anyone wishing to take part should ring Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.