Angling - Improver Tom on top at Thriplow
THE latest Royston and District Angling Club beginners day was held on Saturday at Thriplow Reservoir. It was well attended with nine beginners and six improvers taking part, all of whom caught fish, mainly perch, roach and some small carp. 12-year-old
THE latest Royston and District Angling Club beginners' day was held on Saturday at Thriplow Reservoir.
It was well attended with nine beginners and six "improvers" taking part, all of whom caught fish, mainly perch, roach and some small carp. 12-year-old "improver", Tom Porter rounded off the day with a 6lb 12oz common carp.
The club would like to thank the Country Store at Sawston for providing the bait free of charge.
The final beginners' day of the season will be on Saturday September 30 at the same venue.
Further details are available from Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon