Angling - Improver Tom on top at Thriplow
THE latest Royston and District Angling Club beginners day was held on Saturday at Thriplow Reservoir. It was well attended with nine beginners and six improvers taking part, all of whom caught fish, mainly perch, roach and some small carp. 12-year-old
THE latest Royston and District Angling Club beginners' day was held on Saturday at Thriplow Reservoir.
It was well attended with nine beginners and six "improvers" taking part, all of whom caught fish, mainly perch, roach and some small carp. 12-year-old "improver", Tom Porter rounded off the day with a 6lb 12oz common carp.
The club would like to thank the Country Store at Sawston for providing the bait free of charge.
The final beginners' day of the season will be on Saturday September 30 at the same venue.
You may also want to watch:
Further details are available from Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station