Angling - Improver Tom on top at Thriplow
THE latest Royston and District Angling Club beginners day was held on Saturday at Thriplow Reservoir. It was well attended with nine beginners and six improvers taking part, all of whom caught fish, mainly perch, roach and some small carp. 12-year-old
THE latest Royston and District Angling Club beginners' day was held on Saturday at Thriplow Reservoir.
It was well attended with nine beginners and six "improvers" taking part, all of whom caught fish, mainly perch, roach and some small carp. 12-year-old "improver", Tom Porter rounded off the day with a 6lb 12oz common carp.
The club would like to thank the Country Store at Sawston for providing the bait free of charge.
The final beginners' day of the season will be on Saturday September 30 at the same venue.
You may also want to watch:
Further details are available from Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms