Angling - Andy is weigh ahead
THE combined Royston and District Angling Club ladies match and the annual charity match took place at Thriplow Reservoir, on Saturday, in blustery conditions. The charity match was won by Andy Jarvis with a weight of 20lbs 5oz. Dave Welford came second
THE combined Royston and District Angling Club ladies' match and the annual charity match took place at Thriplow Reservoir, on Saturday, in blustery conditions.
The charity match was won by Andy Jarvis with a weight of 20lbs 5oz. Dave Welford came second with 10lbs 6oz and Chris Rule took third place with 11lbs.
This match raised £160, which this year went to the Wood Green Animal Shelters at Heydon. A cheque for this sum was given to Gay Baxter from the shelter, who presented the trophies.
The committee would like to thank all those who donated prizes, particularly Frog End Pet Supplies and the Country Store at Sawston.
The ladies' match was won by Andrea Wright with a weight of 8lbs 13.5oz.
Sunday sees the latest round of the President's Cup, which incorporates a pairs match. It takes place at Rugby Cement's lake, at Meldreth, and will be fished in conjunction with Eternit AC and Rugby AC.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 6 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
The draw will be at 9am and fishing will be from 10am-4pm. The usual optional bank pool at £5 per entrant will be held.
Anyone wishing to participate, should phone Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.