Angling - Andy is weigh ahead
THE combined Royston and District Angling Club ladies match and the annual charity match took place at Thriplow Reservoir, on Saturday, in blustery conditions. The charity match was won by Andy Jarvis with a weight of 20lbs 5oz. Dave Welford came second
THE combined Royston and District Angling Club ladies' match and the annual charity match took place at Thriplow Reservoir, on Saturday, in blustery conditions.
The charity match was won by Andy Jarvis with a weight of 20lbs 5oz. Dave Welford came second with 10lbs 6oz and Chris Rule took third place with 11lbs.
This match raised £160, which this year went to the Wood Green Animal Shelters at Heydon. A cheque for this sum was given to Gay Baxter from the shelter, who presented the trophies.
The committee would like to thank all those who donated prizes, particularly Frog End Pet Supplies and the Country Store at Sawston.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies' match was won by Andrea Wright with a weight of 8lbs 13.5oz.
Sunday sees the latest round of the President's Cup, which incorporates a pairs match. It takes place at Rugby Cement's lake, at Meldreth, and will be fished in conjunction with Eternit AC and Rugby AC.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
The draw will be at 9am and fishing will be from 10am-4pm. The usual optional bank pool at £5 per entrant will be held.
Anyone wishing to participate, should phone Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.