Angling - Andy is weigh ahead
THE combined Royston and District Angling Club ladies match and the annual charity match took place at Thriplow Reservoir, on Saturday, in blustery conditions. The charity match was won by Andy Jarvis with a weight of 20lbs 5oz. Dave Welford came second
THE combined Royston and District Angling Club ladies' match and the annual charity match took place at Thriplow Reservoir, on Saturday, in blustery conditions.
The charity match was won by Andy Jarvis with a weight of 20lbs 5oz. Dave Welford came second with 10lbs 6oz and Chris Rule took third place with 11lbs.
This match raised £160, which this year went to the Wood Green Animal Shelters at Heydon. A cheque for this sum was given to Gay Baxter from the shelter, who presented the trophies.
The committee would like to thank all those who donated prizes, particularly Frog End Pet Supplies and the Country Store at Sawston.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies' match was won by Andrea Wright with a weight of 8lbs 13.5oz.
Sunday sees the latest round of the President's Cup, which incorporates a pairs match. It takes place at Rugby Cement's lake, at Meldreth, and will be fished in conjunction with Eternit AC and Rugby AC.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The draw will be at 9am and fishing will be from 10am-4pm. The usual optional bank pool at £5 per entrant will be held.
Anyone wishing to participate, should phone Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.