Angling - Alan’s catch of the day
THE second Royston and District Angling Club President s Cup match took place on Sunday and was fished in conjunction with Rugby Cement AC and Eternit AC Alan Gypps, a member of both Royston and Eternitm led the way with 19 lbs 11oz followed by Brian New
THE second Royston and District Angling Club President's Cup match took place on Sunday and was fished in conjunction with Rugby Cement AC and Eternit AC
Alan Gypps, a member of both Royston and Eternitm led the way with 19 lbs 11oz followed by Brian Newman (Royston, Eternit, & Rugby Cement ) with 11lbs 2 oz.
Ted Waterowski (Eternit) finished this with 9 lbs 14oz, ahead of fourth placed was Martin Coxall (Royston) with 8 lbs 11oz.
The next Royston match is the final match in the Evening League on Friday. The draw will be at 5.30pm and fishing from 6-9 pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to take should phone Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.
The annual prize giving will take place at Foxton Village Hall on Monday at 7.30pm.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
The first beginner's day of the season will be on Saturday at Thriplow Reservoir from 10am-5p.
This is open to anyone, free of charge, who wants to try his or her hand at fishing.
Tackle and bait can be provided, and further details are available from Mick Rivers.