Angling - Alan’s catch of the day
THE second Royston and District Angling Club President s Cup match took place on Sunday and was fished in conjunction with Rugby Cement AC and Eternit AC Alan Gypps, a member of both Royston and Eternitm led the way with 19 lbs 11oz followed by Brian New
THE second Royston and District Angling Club President's Cup match took place on Sunday and was fished in conjunction with Rugby Cement AC and Eternit AC
Alan Gypps, a member of both Royston and Eternitm led the way with 19 lbs 11oz followed by Brian Newman (Royston, Eternit, & Rugby Cement ) with 11lbs 2 oz.
Ted Waterowski (Eternit) finished this with 9 lbs 14oz, ahead of fourth placed was Martin Coxall (Royston) with 8 lbs 11oz.
The next Royston match is the final match in the Evening League on Friday. The draw will be at 5.30pm and fishing from 6-9 pm.
Anyone wishing to take should phone Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.
The annual prize giving will take place at Foxton Village Hall on Monday at 7.30pm.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
The first beginner's day of the season will be on Saturday at Thriplow Reservoir from 10am-5p.
This is open to anyone, free of charge, who wants to try his or her hand at fishing.
Tackle and bait can be provided, and further details are available from Mick Rivers.