Angling - Alan’s catch of the day
THE second Royston and District Angling Club President s Cup match took place on Sunday and was fished in conjunction with Rugby Cement AC and Eternit AC Alan Gypps, a member of both Royston and Eternitm led the way with 19 lbs 11oz followed by Brian New
THE second Royston and District Angling Club President's Cup match took place on Sunday and was fished in conjunction with Rugby Cement AC and Eternit AC
Alan Gypps, a member of both Royston and Eternitm led the way with 19 lbs 11oz followed by Brian Newman (Royston, Eternit, & Rugby Cement ) with 11lbs 2 oz.
Ted Waterowski (Eternit) finished this with 9 lbs 14oz, ahead of fourth placed was Martin Coxall (Royston) with 8 lbs 11oz.
The next Royston match is the final match in the Evening League on Friday. The draw will be at 5.30pm and fishing from 6-9 pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to take should phone Mick Rivers on 01223 870189.
The annual prize giving will take place at Foxton Village Hall on Monday at 7.30pm.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
The first beginner's day of the season will be on Saturday at Thriplow Reservoir from 10am-5p.
This is open to anyone, free of charge, who wants to try his or her hand at fishing.
Tackle and bait can be provided, and further details are available from Mick Rivers.