Angling - A Day to remember
THE annual triangular match between Royston, Rugby Cement and Eternit angling clubs at Clavering resulted in a win for Rugby Cement AC whose members took the first five places. Top weight was Dave Day with 87 lbs 8 oz, his son Andy was second with 74 lbs
THE annual triangular match between Royston, Rugby Cement and Eternit angling clubs at Clavering resulted in a win for Rugby Cement AC whose members took the first five places.
Top weight was Dave Day with 87 lbs 8 oz, his son Andy was second with 74 lbs 4oz, Tom Gemmel was third with 66 lbs.
Eternit AC took second place. Tim Lee was top weight with 39 lbs 8 oz.
Alan Gypps took the top weight for Royston AC with 32 lbs 12 oz.
You may also want to watch:
The previous week saw the annual Royston and Environmental Agency challenge match take place at Roswell Pit in Ely.
The result was a win for Royston A.C. with a total weight of 52 lbs 11oz. The E.A had a weight of 47 lbs7 oz.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
The overall winner was Justin Mould of the EA team with a weight of 17lbs 8oz. The second place was taken by Mike Braybrook of Royston AC with a weight of 12lbs 10oz.
Paul Wilkanowski of the EA came third with 12 lbs 4 oz. Royston's Andy Jarvis came fourth with 11 lbs 8 oz.
The final beginner's day of the season will be held at Thriplow Reservoir on Saturday from 10am-5pm.
Club membership is not required, juveniles should be accompanied by a responsible adult. Tackle and bait can be provided if required free of charge. For further information phone Mick Rivers on 01223 870189