Angling - A Day to remember
THE annual triangular match between Royston, Rugby Cement and Eternit angling clubs at Clavering resulted in a win for Rugby Cement AC whose members took the first five places. Top weight was Dave Day with 87 lbs 8 oz, his son Andy was second with 74 lbs
THE annual triangular match between Royston, Rugby Cement and Eternit angling clubs at Clavering resulted in a win for Rugby Cement AC whose members took the first five places.
Top weight was Dave Day with 87 lbs 8 oz, his son Andy was second with 74 lbs 4oz, Tom Gemmel was third with 66 lbs.
Eternit AC took second place. Tim Lee was top weight with 39 lbs 8 oz.
Alan Gypps took the top weight for Royston AC with 32 lbs 12 oz.
The previous week saw the annual Royston and Environmental Agency challenge match take place at Roswell Pit in Ely.
The result was a win for Royston A.C. with a total weight of 52 lbs 11oz. The E.A had a weight of 47 lbs7 oz.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 8 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 9 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 10 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
The overall winner was Justin Mould of the EA team with a weight of 17lbs 8oz. The second place was taken by Mike Braybrook of Royston AC with a weight of 12lbs 10oz.
Paul Wilkanowski of the EA came third with 12 lbs 4 oz. Royston's Andy Jarvis came fourth with 11 lbs 8 oz.
The final beginner's day of the season will be held at Thriplow Reservoir on Saturday from 10am-5pm.
Club membership is not required, juveniles should be accompanied by a responsible adult. Tackle and bait can be provided if required free of charge. For further information phone Mick Rivers on 01223 870189