Angling - A Day to remember
THE annual triangular match between Royston, Rugby Cement and Eternit angling clubs at Clavering resulted in a win for Rugby Cement AC whose members took the first five places. Top weight was Dave Day with 87 lbs 8 oz, his son Andy was second with 74 lbs
THE annual triangular match between Royston, Rugby Cement and Eternit angling clubs at Clavering resulted in a win for Rugby Cement AC whose members took the first five places.
Top weight was Dave Day with 87 lbs 8 oz, his son Andy was second with 74 lbs 4oz, Tom Gemmel was third with 66 lbs.
Eternit AC took second place. Tim Lee was top weight with 39 lbs 8 oz.
Alan Gypps took the top weight for Royston AC with 32 lbs 12 oz.
You may also want to watch:
The previous week saw the annual Royston and Environmental Agency challenge match take place at Roswell Pit in Ely.
The result was a win for Royston A.C. with a total weight of 52 lbs 11oz. The E.A had a weight of 47 lbs7 oz.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 6 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
The overall winner was Justin Mould of the EA team with a weight of 17lbs 8oz. The second place was taken by Mike Braybrook of Royston AC with a weight of 12lbs 10oz.
Paul Wilkanowski of the EA came third with 12 lbs 4 oz. Royston's Andy Jarvis came fourth with 11 lbs 8 oz.
The final beginner's day of the season will be held at Thriplow Reservoir on Saturday from 10am-5pm.
Club membership is not required, juveniles should be accompanied by a responsible adult. Tackle and bait can be provided if required free of charge. For further information phone Mick Rivers on 01223 870189