Alex does Good at tennis tournament
A NEW tournament was held at Royston Tennis Club last Saturday, with 10 adult and 10 juniors playing in a new touch tennis format.
All players played single tie break matches with mini racquets and red mini balls on mini red size courts. The adults found this challenging while the juniors and minis were able to show their skills, many beating the adults.
Juniors Toby Jackson and Alex Gooding won through to the final and had a close match with Alex taking the trophy (pictured).
Meanwhile, in the Cambridgeshire Leagues the men’s first team of Andy Holmes, Matt Fellingham, Richard Fosbeary & Sam Tobiss continued with their winning streak with a 5-3 home win against Fulbourn. The men’s IIs of Erwin Phillips, Mike Fellingham, Roger Maybury and John Holmes lost 7-1 away to Cambridge VIs then reversed the score winning 7-1 at home to Cambridge VIIs with David Addison and John Goodbody replacing Maybury and Holmes.
You may also want to watch:
The men’s IIIs made it three wins in a row with an 8-0 home win against Phennards IIs, team players were David Addison, Nathan O’Looney, John Goodbody and Jeremy Tuck. The men’s IVs team of Steve Gibson , Russell Hollingshead, Mat Leveridge and Doug Higgins also beat Phennards IIs away 5-3.
The ladies’ IIIs of Ros Godward, Caroline McCormick, Nicole Hamblin and Sharon O’Looney drew 4-4 to Cambourne IIs at home. In the Hertfordshire League the U12 boys’ team of Euan Rees, Lewis Wood, Louis Harwood and George French lost away to Rickmansworth 10-2.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
The mini red team of Harry Lee, Ivan Grove, Alex Moss and Tom Finch beat Broxbourne away 12-4 while the mini Green team of Sam Turner, Lucas Edey, Owen Wood and Matthew Reeves lost 8-4 at home to Cassiobury.
For full details of all matches, results, membership etc log onto the Club website www.roystontennis.co.uk.