Alex does Good at tennis tournament
A NEW tournament was held at Royston Tennis Club last Saturday, with 10 adult and 10 juniors playing in a new touch tennis format.
All players played single tie break matches with mini racquets and red mini balls on mini red size courts. The adults found this challenging while the juniors and minis were able to show their skills, many beating the adults.
Juniors Toby Jackson and Alex Gooding won through to the final and had a close match with Alex taking the trophy (pictured).
Meanwhile, in the Cambridgeshire Leagues the men’s first team of Andy Holmes, Matt Fellingham, Richard Fosbeary & Sam Tobiss continued with their winning streak with a 5-3 home win against Fulbourn. The men’s IIs of Erwin Phillips, Mike Fellingham, Roger Maybury and John Holmes lost 7-1 away to Cambridge VIs then reversed the score winning 7-1 at home to Cambridge VIIs with David Addison and John Goodbody replacing Maybury and Holmes.
You may also want to watch:
The men’s IIIs made it three wins in a row with an 8-0 home win against Phennards IIs, team players were David Addison, Nathan O’Looney, John Goodbody and Jeremy Tuck. The men’s IVs team of Steve Gibson , Russell Hollingshead, Mat Leveridge and Doug Higgins also beat Phennards IIs away 5-3.
The ladies’ IIIs of Ros Godward, Caroline McCormick, Nicole Hamblin and Sharon O’Looney drew 4-4 to Cambourne IIs at home. In the Hertfordshire League the U12 boys’ team of Euan Rees, Lewis Wood, Louis Harwood and George French lost away to Rickmansworth 10-2.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
The mini red team of Harry Lee, Ivan Grove, Alex Moss and Tom Finch beat Broxbourne away 12-4 while the mini Green team of Sam Turner, Lucas Edey, Owen Wood and Matthew Reeves lost 8-4 at home to Cassiobury.
For full details of all matches, results, membership etc log onto the Club website www.roystontennis.co.uk.