Adrian drives off to give club boost
ADRIAN Patterson has been confirmed as Heydon Grange s 2008 club captain. And the first thing he says he will be doing is promoting the club and looking to attract new members. He said: We have greens built to USGA standards, a good reputation with th
ADRIAN Patterson has been confirmed as Heydon Grange's 2008 club captain.
And the first thing he says he will be doing is promoting the club and looking to attract new members.
He said: "We have greens built to USGA standards, a good reputation with the PGA Tour, a competitive existing membership and one of best clubhouses in the region. So it's time for us to encourage others to join and for the club to make its mark on the local golfing landscape"
He added: "At the moment this is a fairly small club in membership terms and yet we have some of the best facilities in the area, as well as an all-year-round course and no need for temporary greens."
You may also want to watch:
The new captain has also chosen his season charities, and will be supporting both the East Anglian Air Ambulance and Macmillan Nurses.
Patterson said: "These are two of the most personal charities that we can all support. At some point in our lives or those of our families and friends we will need one or both of these organisations.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station