Adrian drives off to give club boost
ADRIAN Patterson has been confirmed as Heydon Grange s 2008 club captain. And the first thing he says he will be doing is promoting the club and looking to attract new members. He said: We have greens built to USGA standards, a good reputation with th
ADRIAN Patterson has been confirmed as Heydon Grange's 2008 club captain.
And the first thing he says he will be doing is promoting the club and looking to attract new members.
He said: "We have greens built to USGA standards, a good reputation with the PGA Tour, a competitive existing membership and one of best clubhouses in the region. So it's time for us to encourage others to join and for the club to make its mark on the local golfing landscape"
He added: "At the moment this is a fairly small club in membership terms and yet we have some of the best facilities in the area, as well as an all-year-round course and no need for temporary greens."
You may also want to watch:
The new captain has also chosen his season charities, and will be supporting both the East Anglian Air Ambulance and Macmillan Nurses.
Patterson said: "These are two of the most personal charities that we can all support. At some point in our lives or those of our families and friends we will need one or both of these organisations.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims