Abington Pigotts youngster grabs British diving gold
- Credit: Archant
Abington Pigotts diver Ben Cutmore has been crowned British Elite Junior platform champion in Plymouth.
The 13-year-old also took silver in the one metre and three metre springboard events.
His performances have earnt him a spot in Great Britain’s squad for the International Youth Diving meet in Dresden later this month, competing against 25 countries in the platform and three-metre events.
He will also compete for England in July’s Mediterranean Cup in Bolzano, Italy.
Cutmore headed to the event having finished first in all preliminary rounds earning him the top qualifying spots going into the finals on all boards. His most impressive performance came in the platform event, ending 62 points ahead of his nearest rival to take gold.
The Bassingbourn Village College pupil, trains under coach Sam Buck in the Luton Diving squad, based at Luton Inspire Sports Village.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon