A weekend pre-season win and draw for Royston Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club travelled away to Stotfold for a friendly game to start their pre-season on Saturday. The weather was kind and Royston tied three rinks each.
The weather was kind and Royston tied three rinks each.
Skip Eileen Hyde, ably supported by Andy Keating, Terry Lovegrove and Mick Smith had a convincing win, 21-12 shots.
However this was not enough to stop Skip Stan Whitehouse with Gwyn Hardwick, Peter Nightingale and Evelyn Huffer taking top rink 25 shots to 14.
A similar fate befell Eileen on Sunday during the home game against Biggleswade.
You may also want to watch:
In spite of a hard fought battle resulting in a 19-16 win, her plus 3 score could not hold off Don Sheriff, Renee Bowyer and Alan Warner who scored 21-14 shots, including a 6 on the third end and 4 on the thirteenth end, giving a top rink score of plus 7 shots.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?