A weekend pre-season win and draw for Royston Bowls Club
- Credit: Archant
Royston Bowls Club travelled away to Stotfold for a friendly game to start their pre-season on Saturday. The weather was kind and Royston tied three rinks each.
The weather was kind and Royston tied three rinks each.
Skip Eileen Hyde, ably supported by Andy Keating, Terry Lovegrove and Mick Smith had a convincing win, 21-12 shots.
However this was not enough to stop Skip Stan Whitehouse with Gwyn Hardwick, Peter Nightingale and Evelyn Huffer taking top rink 25 shots to 14.
A similar fate befell Eileen on Sunday during the home game against Biggleswade.
You may also want to watch:
In spite of a hard fought battle resulting in a 19-16 win, her plus 3 score could not hold off Don Sheriff, Renee Bowyer and Alan Warner who scored 21-14 shots, including a 6 on the third end and 4 on the thirteenth end, giving a top rink score of plus 7 shots.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside