A sparkle in the pool
ELEVEN-year-old Victoria Paxman sparkled as Buntingford Swimming Club clinched third place in the MagiKats Challenge Cup at Borehamwood on Saturday (October 21). Paxman won the under-13 and under-15 individual girls breastroke races and helped the under-
ELEVEN-year-old Victoria Paxman sparkled as Buntingford Swimming Club clinched third place in the MagiKats Challenge Cup at Borehamwood on Saturday (October 21).
Paxman won the under-13 and under-15 individual girls' breastroke races and helped the under-13 and under 15-girls sweep the board in their medley and freestyle relays.
Coach David Carr was delighted as Buntingford's swimmers won eight out of 50 races and logged 11 personal best times.
"Victoria did extremely well to win under-13 and under-15 races," he said. "The girls' relay teams were also outstanding. Both the under-13 and under-15 girls won all their races.
You may also want to watch:
"We were only one point behind the second-placed team and we had a lot of swimmers racing above their age category. I was very pleased with them.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club