A sparkle in the pool
ELEVEN-year-old Victoria Paxman sparkled as Buntingford Swimming Club clinched third place in the MagiKats Challenge Cup at Borehamwood on Saturday (October 21). Paxman won the under-13 and under-15 individual girls breastroke races and helped the under-
ELEVEN-year-old Victoria Paxman sparkled as Buntingford Swimming Club clinched third place in the MagiKats Challenge Cup at Borehamwood on Saturday (October 21).
Paxman won the under-13 and under-15 individual girls' breastroke races and helped the under-13 and under 15-girls sweep the board in their medley and freestyle relays.
Coach David Carr was delighted as Buntingford's swimmers won eight out of 50 races and logged 11 personal best times.
"Victoria did extremely well to win under-13 and under-15 races," he said. "The girls' relay teams were also outstanding. Both the under-13 and under-15 girls won all their races.
You may also want to watch:
"We were only one point behind the second-placed team and we had a lot of swimmers racing above their age category. I was very pleased with them.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?