A good week for Royston Tennis Club
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Royston Tennis Club’s veterans’ teams produced two excellent results over the weekend.
The Veterans’ third team of Shirley Jones, Ian Musgrove, Debbie Sheppard and Tony Woods beat Milton first team by eight sets to zero.
The handsome victory meant they have regained their position at the top of Division Five, with only one match left to play in the Cambridgeshire LTA Vets League 2015 tournament.
The Vets second team of David Addison, Doug Higgins, Christine Knight and Emma Windred also performed well, beating Buckden 1st team by seven sets to one. This takes them into fourth position in Division Two.
Meanwhile, the vets first team, who have been struggling in Division One, fought a close battle against St Neots first team, which ended in a draw.
You may also want to watch:
Each team now has one match left to play before the tournament ends.
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 7 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 9 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory