A good week for Royston Tennis Club
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Royston Tennis Club’s veterans’ teams produced two excellent results over the weekend.
The Veterans’ third team of Shirley Jones, Ian Musgrove, Debbie Sheppard and Tony Woods beat Milton first team by eight sets to zero.
The handsome victory meant they have regained their position at the top of Division Five, with only one match left to play in the Cambridgeshire LTA Vets League 2015 tournament.
The Vets second team of David Addison, Doug Higgins, Christine Knight and Emma Windred also performed well, beating Buckden 1st team by seven sets to one. This takes them into fourth position in Division Two.
Meanwhile, the vets first team, who have been struggling in Division One, fought a close battle against St Neots first team, which ended in a draw.
You may also want to watch:
Each team now has one match left to play before the tournament ends.
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities. For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance