A flying start for young Jedi Kieran
KIERAN Clark narrowed the gap at the top of the Formula Jedi championship with victory at Oulton Park, on Saturday. The 15 minute qualifying was spent scrubbing in a new set of tyres due to the puncture at the last round at Cadwell Park, but Clark still p
KIERAN Clark narrowed the gap at the top of the Formula Jedi championship with victory at Oulton Park, on Saturday.
The 15 minute qualifying was spent scrubbing in a new set of tyres due to the puncture at the last round at Cadwell Park, but Clark still put his car on pole for the afternoon race by 1.2 seconds.
The cars lined up on the grid for the start of the 15 minute race in sunny weather conditions, Clark starting ninth of a grid of 29 cars out qualifying, with many of the cars having 1000cc engines.
The red lights went off and Clark had an amazing start passing three 1000cc cars to come out of the first corner lying in sixth position.
You may also want to watch:
This slipped away as the faster cars passed him but he held on to the 600cc class lead for an excellent win, crossing the line some 5.5 seconds in front of second place car of Mitcham.
Mitcham is now wining the championship with 72 points, Clark second on 69 and Stafford third on 57 points.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
After the race an elated Clark said "the car worked well as did the team and with six rounds to go I'm confident we can take the 600cc class title".