A brimful of goals for Asher
Fowlmere 6 Saffron Crocus 2 ASHER Wilson was the pick of the bunch as Fowlmere put six goals past Saffron Crocus to progress in the Percy Oldham Memorial Cup. The winger bagged a hat-trick as Steve Walker s men bounced back in the best way possible from a
Fowlmere 6 Saffron Crocus 2
ASHER Wilson was the pick of the bunch as Fowlmere put six goals past Saffron Crocus to progress in the Percy Oldham Memorial Cup.
The winger bagged a hat-trick as Steve Walker's men bounced back in the best way possible from an 8-0 drubbing by West Row Gunners the week before.
Sean Turner and Sean Audley (two) were also on target for Fowlmere, the latter claiming the man-of-the-match accolade.
You may also want to watch:
Audley also appears to be in a good run of form just in time to face his old team Foxton this Saturday in the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup.
Making his debut for Fowlmere at the weekend was Trevor Symonds who signed from Needingworth.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Although he didn't get on the scoresheet against the Crocus Walker believes his new man will provide that little something that his team appears to be missing at the moment.
"We do create chances and have done all season but we have found it a bit difficult to score goals. Trevor has signed for us and he got 18 last season for Cambourne so we're very pleased to have brought him in.
"He gives us that little bit of experience up front that I feel we've been lacking.