24 games - 24 wins for Panthers
Shefford Saints A 1 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U-10 8 MELBOURN Panthers ended the season in style and kept their 100 per cent record after beating Shefford Saints 8-1. It was the clubs 24th game of the season and their 24th victory. Byron Lawrence opene
Shefford Saints A 1
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U-10 8
MELBOURN Panthers ended the season in style and kept their 100 per cent record after beating Shefford Saints 8-1.
It was the clubs 24th game of the season and their 24th victory.
Byron Lawrence opened the scoring for Panthers with a dipping shot that gave the Shefford keeper no chance and moments later Patrick Hopper scored with a shot into the top corner of the net.
Then Sam Webb calmly slotted home goal the third, after a pass from Toby Jackson before the tricky Reece King made it four with a solo effort.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 6 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
Before half-time Melbourn added two more with both Hopper and King grabbing their second of the match.
Despite being behind Shefford came out in the second-half in a more determined mood.
But just as the home side looked like they might pull a goal back Melbourn's Webb scored, taking his tally to two.
However, minutes later Shefford grabbed a consolation goal after a defensive error.
There was still time for the Panther's to score again when Lawrence buried the ball into the bottom of the net.