24 games - 24 wins for Panthers
Shefford Saints A 1 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U-10 8 MELBOURN Panthers ended the season in style and kept their 100 per cent record after beating Shefford Saints 8-1. It was the clubs 24th game of the season and their 24th victory. Byron Lawrence opene
Shefford Saints A 1
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U-10 8
MELBOURN Panthers ended the season in style and kept their 100 per cent record after beating Shefford Saints 8-1.
It was the clubs 24th game of the season and their 24th victory.
You may also want to watch:
Byron Lawrence opened the scoring for Panthers with a dipping shot that gave the Shefford keeper no chance and moments later Patrick Hopper scored with a shot into the top corner of the net.
Then Sam Webb calmly slotted home goal the third, after a pass from Toby Jackson before the tricky Reece King made it four with a solo effort.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Before half-time Melbourn added two more with both Hopper and King grabbing their second of the match.
Despite being behind Shefford came out in the second-half in a more determined mood.
But just as the home side looked like they might pull a goal back Melbourn's Webb scored, taking his tally to two.
However, minutes later Shefford grabbed a consolation goal after a defensive error.
There was still time for the Panther's to score again when Lawrence buried the ball into the bottom of the net.