24 games - 24 wins for Panthers
Shefford Saints A 1 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U-10 8 MELBOURN Panthers ended the season in style and kept their 100 per cent record after beating Shefford Saints 8-1. It was the clubs 24th game of the season and their 24th victory. Byron Lawrence opene
Shefford Saints A 1
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U-10 8
MELBOURN Panthers ended the season in style and kept their 100 per cent record after beating Shefford Saints 8-1.
It was the clubs 24th game of the season and their 24th victory.
You may also want to watch:
Byron Lawrence opened the scoring for Panthers with a dipping shot that gave the Shefford keeper no chance and moments later Patrick Hopper scored with a shot into the top corner of the net.
Then Sam Webb calmly slotted home goal the third, after a pass from Toby Jackson before the tricky Reece King made it four with a solo effort.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Before half-time Melbourn added two more with both Hopper and King grabbing their second of the match.
Despite being behind Shefford came out in the second-half in a more determined mood.
But just as the home side looked like they might pull a goal back Melbourn's Webb scored, taking his tally to two.
However, minutes later Shefford grabbed a consolation goal after a defensive error.
There was still time for the Panther's to score again when Lawrence buried the ball into the bottom of the net.