If Carlsberg did weekends, then the one at Royston Town was pretty special.

Both senior sides picked up impressive victories, the men beating Leamington 1-0 in the Southern League Premier Division Central while the ladies had a successful outing in the Women's FA Cup, winning 2-1 at home to St Albans City in the second qualifying round.

Saturday's win came courtesy of a debut goal for Joe Boachie.

The former Potters Bar Town, Concord Rangers, Hungerford Town and Braintree Town forward joined on dual registration from National League South Tonbridge Angels.

Co-manager Chris Watters has had the 25-year-old forward watched many times and feels he will become a fan favourite.

The boss said: "Joe is an exciting talent and one that we have been keeping tabs on for a while now.

"We are pleased to be able to add him to the squad and he provides us with another option in attack."

His moment came on 25 minutes as he picked the ball up on the edge of the box before turning and firing home with his left foot.

Boachie had arrived as part of a double signing last week, the second new face being Ben De Lacy-Turner who came in from Isthmian League Division One North Redbridge.

The 21-year-old left-sided winger  was born in Australia before moving to England with his family at a young age.

He began his youth career with AFC Wimbledon and represented England U17 and U18 before signing a professional development contract with Aldershot Town in 2022, making his senior debut for the Shots in the same year.

He has spent time on loan at Kings Langley, Beaconsfield and joined Redbridge at the start of this season.

He too started against Leamington.

The Crows ladies played in front of 234-strong crowd, just 10 short of their record attendance set last season in the competition.

Royston forced a corner in the first minute, Poppy Smith drawing Annie Hickey into a save, and on five minutes the ball was in the back of the net, although Becca Vass's header from an Annie Georgiou corner was disallowed after a foul on the keeper.

But still Royston came forward and their best chance fell to Smith.

She beat the keeper and looked to slot the ball into an empty net but some brilliant defending from Jess Burke prevented the opening goal.

City had only really had one attempt on the Royston goal so it was completely against the run of play when they went in front, Ward brought down in the box and former Crow, Becky Shepherd, scoring the spot kick.

That was how it stayed until half-time and again it was the home side in the ascendancy in the second period.

A Vass effort on 51 minutes was deflecting behind but a minute later, they had a penalty of their own after Amy Houghton was fouled in the box.

Emma Slater did the rest, sending the keeper the wrong way.

Smith was denied moments later as Hickey made a point-blank save but the game started becoming more open, changes on both sides altering the flow of the contest.

It looked to be heading for a draw and a penalty shoot-out but in the sixth minute of the eight added on, Royston grabbed a winner. 

It came just moments after City had replaced Hickey with sub goalkeeper Emily Kemp.

The replacement came out to get to a ball forward from Royston but was well short, and Laura Mills simply skipped past her and rolled the ball into the empty net from a narrow angle.

Royston will now go to Needham Market in the third qualifying round.