Royston Town reversed a poor run of form with a dramatic late equaliser at AFC Rushden & Diamonds.

The Crows had travelled to already relegated Rushden on the back of five games without a win, the last four of them in the Southern League Premier Division Central ending in defeat.

And they looked to be slipping to another loss against a home side who have been revitalised by the appointment of former Biggleswade Town manager, Chris Nunn.

However, trailing 1-0 three minutes into stoppage time, Tom Newman crossed from the to the centre of goal for Ky Marsh-Brown to head beyond former St Albans City keeper, Dean Snedker.

It was a point many felt they deserved but all were relieved to see.

Royston had started the game brightly and should have taken the lead on nine minutes but Ronnie Henry headed a James Brighton corner over the top.

Brighton and Matt Bateman also had shots saved by Snedker but after 20 minutes on the front foot, Steve Castle's men found themselves behind.

Poor defending allowed Andy Mandjoba the chance to gain possession and he set up Mitchell White for a precise finish past Dimi Kyriatzis.

There were still chances for Royston, this time Henry hit the target with his header but found Snedker still in fine form, while Charlie Castle sent a volley wide of the upright.

The second period also brought opportunities for the Crows to equalise, Bateman thinking he had done just that in the opening minutes only to be flagged offside.

Adam Murray headed a Cole Dasilva free-kick over as well but Royston were still susceptible at the other end, good work from Mandjoba should have brought a better result but Janson Cooper's shot was cleared off the line by Henry.

Rushden's best chance to wrap up the three points came on 90 minutes when Cooper got the better of Brighton but substitute Fraser Corden poked his effort wide of the goal.

It proved a costly miss.

Royston go to Alvechurch on Thursday before rounding their season off at home to Bromsgrove Sporting on Saturday.