13 games unbeaten
Royston under-eights eights extended their unbeaten run to 13 games on Sunday. The first home fixture of the season saw them beat both Hitchin A and Hitchin B, and also Wenden s Ambo A and B sides. Royston scored five tries in each game, winning 5-2, 5-
Royston under-eights eights extended their unbeaten run to 13 games on Sunday.
The first home fixture of the season saw them beat both Hitchin A and Hitchin B, and also Wenden's Ambo A and B sides.
Royston scored five tries in each game, winning 5-2, 5-3, 5-3 and 5-3.
Lyle Clark scored early in the first game, outpacing the Wenden defence. Ashley Jones was also running circles around all defences, running in a total of five tries, along with Joseph Simons and Jamie Drage.
You may also want to watch:
The support play was the best so far this season, William Tyrell scoring a number of times taking full advantage of this. Defensively Royston are going from strength to strength, forcing even more errors than ever before, Charlie Pearson and Jake Letch yet again showing their willingness to defend.
Alasdair Welbourne and Cameron Denchfield caused havoc in the oppositions' attacking line, putting them under tremendous pressure. The team looks to be gelling together and getting better each game they play.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show