BARLEY (VC) CHURCH OF ENGLAND FIRST SCHOOL
- Credit: Archant
Proposal to change the category (Voluntary Controlled) C of E First School from Voluntary Controlled to Voluntary Aided
Notice is given in accordance with section 19(3) of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 that the Governing Body of the Barley/Barkway First Schools Federation intends to make a prescribed alteration to Barley (VC) C of E First School, Church End, Barley, Royston, Hertfordshire, 5G8 9JW, a Voluntary Controlled School with effect from September 2018.
The Governing Body of the Barley/Barkway First Schools Federation proposes to change the category of Barley (VC) C of E First School (“the School”) from Voluntary Controlled to Voluntary Aided. If the proposal is implemented it will make the category of the School the same as the category of Barkway VA (C of E) First School, 84 High Street, Barkway, Royston, Hertfordshire, 5G8 8EF, a Voluntary Aided school. If enacted, the proposal would be implemented in full in September 2018. Having a school category in common would allow both schools within the Federation to have the same legal responsibilities and it is felt that it would be strategically beneficial for the two schools to be aligned in terms of their category. It had been the intention to alter the category of the School prior to the Federation process but due to an administrative error this had not occurred.
This notice is an extract from the Complete Information. Copies of the Complete Information can be obtained from: Hertfordshire County Council, Children’s Services, School Planning, Room 138, County Hall, Pegs Lane, Hertford, 5G13 8DF, marked for the attention of Barley (VC) C of E First School, or via the Hertfordshire County Council website at: www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/barleyfirst
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone can provide comments or objections but you need to ensure that they are received by Hertfordshire County Council by 31 May 2018 by sending them by post, marked for the attention of Barley (VC) C of E First School, to: Freepost RTHH-LXSL-BYYR, Hertfordshire County Council, Education Department, County Hall, Hertford, 5G13 8DF, or by email to: email@example.com
Signed: Rev’d Canon Ruth Pyke Chair of Governors
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 3 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 4 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 8 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 9 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 10 Children's kite design competition winners announced
Barley/Barkway First Schools Federation
Publication date: 4th May 2018