Zombies ready to descend on Bassingbourn
BLOODTHIRSTY zombies are ready to put runners to the test at a spine tingling Halloween race.
Legions of the undead will descend on Bassingbourn Barracks in two months for The Zombie Evacuation Race, with entrants pitted against the ghouls in a battle to survive.
The 5k obstacle challenge will see 3,500 runners take on 1,500 zombies from Noon on October 27.
Jessica Fordham, race director, said: “The entire Zombie Evacuation Race team are avid fans of zombie and post apocalyptic movies.
“Our team wanted to bring a zombie apocalypse scenario to life and provide the most unique and intense racing experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We have Hollywood SFX makeup artists and pyrotechnicians involved in making the zombie apocalypse experience as realistic as possible.
“This is going to be the craziest Halloween event, a day you will never forget!”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
This is the first event of its kind held in the UK with military re-enactment groups and actors playing medics all drafted in to ensure its one to remember.
Spaces are running out for the race but the brave can apply online for a variety of prices starting at �35.
More information is available from www.zombieevacuation.com