Zombies ready to descend on Bassingbourn
BLOODTHIRSTY zombies are ready to put runners to the test at a spine tingling Halloween race.
Legions of the undead will descend on Bassingbourn Barracks in two months for The Zombie Evacuation Race, with entrants pitted against the ghouls in a battle to survive.
The 5k obstacle challenge will see 3,500 runners take on 1,500 zombies from Noon on October 27.
Jessica Fordham, race director, said: “The entire Zombie Evacuation Race team are avid fans of zombie and post apocalyptic movies.
“Our team wanted to bring a zombie apocalypse scenario to life and provide the most unique and intense racing experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We have Hollywood SFX makeup artists and pyrotechnicians involved in making the zombie apocalypse experience as realistic as possible.
“This is going to be the craziest Halloween event, a day you will never forget!”
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 4 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 8 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 9 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
This is the first event of its kind held in the UK with military re-enactment groups and actors playing medics all drafted in to ensure its one to remember.
Spaces are running out for the race but the brave can apply online for a variety of prices starting at �35.
More information is available from www.zombieevacuation.com