Zombies ready to descend on Bassingbourn
BLOODTHIRSTY zombies are ready to put runners to the test at a spine tingling Halloween race.
Legions of the undead will descend on Bassingbourn Barracks in two months for The Zombie Evacuation Race, with entrants pitted against the ghouls in a battle to survive.
The 5k obstacle challenge will see 3,500 runners take on 1,500 zombies from Noon on October 27.
Jessica Fordham, race director, said: “The entire Zombie Evacuation Race team are avid fans of zombie and post apocalyptic movies.
“Our team wanted to bring a zombie apocalypse scenario to life and provide the most unique and intense racing experience.
“We have Hollywood SFX makeup artists and pyrotechnicians involved in making the zombie apocalypse experience as realistic as possible.
“This is going to be the craziest Halloween event, a day you will never forget!”
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 8 Royston Kite Festival expected to attract thousands
- 9 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 10 Double murderer Ian Stewart has whole life order reduced
This is the first event of its kind held in the UK with military re-enactment groups and actors playing medics all drafted in to ensure its one to remember.
Spaces are running out for the race but the brave can apply online for a variety of prices starting at �35.
More information is available from www.zombieevacuation.com