Zombies ready to descend on Bassingbourn
BLOODTHIRSTY zombies are ready to put runners to the test at a spine tingling Halloween race.
Legions of the undead will descend on Bassingbourn Barracks in two months for The Zombie Evacuation Race, with entrants pitted against the ghouls in a battle to survive.
The 5k obstacle challenge will see 3,500 runners take on 1,500 zombies from Noon on October 27.
Jessica Fordham, race director, said: “The entire Zombie Evacuation Race team are avid fans of zombie and post apocalyptic movies.
“Our team wanted to bring a zombie apocalypse scenario to life and provide the most unique and intense racing experience.
“We have Hollywood SFX makeup artists and pyrotechnicians involved in making the zombie apocalypse experience as realistic as possible.
“This is going to be the craziest Halloween event, a day you will never forget!”
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
This is the first event of its kind held in the UK with military re-enactment groups and actors playing medics all drafted in to ensure its one to remember.
Spaces are running out for the race but the brave can apply online for a variety of prices starting at �35.
More information is available from www.zombieevacuation.com