Zombies ready to descend on Bassingbourn
BLOODTHIRSTY zombies are ready to put runners to the test at a spine tingling Halloween race.
Legions of the undead will descend on Bassingbourn Barracks in two months for The Zombie Evacuation Race, with entrants pitted against the ghouls in a battle to survive.
The 5k obstacle challenge will see 3,500 runners take on 1,500 zombies from Noon on October 27.
Jessica Fordham, race director, said: “The entire Zombie Evacuation Race team are avid fans of zombie and post apocalyptic movies.
“Our team wanted to bring a zombie apocalypse scenario to life and provide the most unique and intense racing experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We have Hollywood SFX makeup artists and pyrotechnicians involved in making the zombie apocalypse experience as realistic as possible.
“This is going to be the craziest Halloween event, a day you will never forget!”
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 6 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 7 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 8 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 9 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 10 Pupils become journalists for class topic
This is the first event of its kind held in the UK with military re-enactment groups and actors playing medics all drafted in to ensure its one to remember.
Spaces are running out for the race but the brave can apply online for a variety of prices starting at �35.
More information is available from www.zombieevacuation.com