Youth mini-bus project a success’
MORE than 20 youngsters from Buntingford have enjoyed a night out in Stevenage due to the provision of a mini-bus service. In working together, police, Buntingford Town Council, and Buntingford Youth Council have been able to fund the mini-bus service whi
MORE than 20 youngsters from Buntingford have enjoyed a night out in Stevenage due to the provision of a mini-bus service.
In working together, police, Buntingford Town Council, and Buntingford Youth Council have been able to fund the mini-bus service which took youths to Liquid nightclub on the Stevenage Leisure Park during half-term for an under-18s night out.
Buntingford neighbourhood officer Sgt Duncan Wallace said: "This latest trip to the leisure park was first in a number of trips organised for the youth of Buntingford.
"It has been welcomed by both parents and the youths themselves.
You may also want to watch:
"We are hoping that we can continue to provide this service for youths during the school holidays."
The trip comes after a youth survey conducted in March last year.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
The youth council drew up a manifesto from its findings which showed that Buntingford's youngsters wanted access to facilities such as the leisure park in Stevenage.
A business application was then compiled and presented to partner agencies which have funded enough money for six trips to Stevenage.
Town clerk Jill Jones said: "This is proving to be a successful project and we are hoping that we can continue to provide this service with the possibility of increasing it if possible.
"These evenings give the youths something to focus on and makes sure that they are safe and keeping out of trouble."
The trips are likely to take place during the school holidays.