Your chance to vote for a theme for this year's Royston Arts Festival
CROW country residents are being asked to vote on a theme for this year s Royston Arts Festival. As reported in The Crow last week, the Arts Festival will go ahead this year after a new management committee was formed to save it. And in a major departure
CROW country residents are being asked to vote on a theme for this year's Royston Arts Festival.
As reported in The Crow last week, the Arts Festival will go ahead this year after a new management committee was formed to save it.
And in a major departure from previous years, the new team at the festival want to encourage participants to focus their events around a single idea as much as possible by setting an overall theme for the three-day event.
Arts Festival chairman Graham Palmer said: "Having a themed event opens up all sorts of exciting possibilities.
You may also want to watch:
"It's something other festivals have done successfully. We want the festival to belong to the people of Royston and that's why we're asking them to choose the theme," he added.
The three themes on the short list are; Friends. Rivals. Enemies, Beneath the surface, and Who RU.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
Votes can be cast online at www.roystonartsfest.org, in person in the box provided in Royston library, or by writing to: Royston Arts Festival, c/o Town Hall, Melbourn Street, Royston SG8 7DA.
The closing date for votes is 6pm on Sunday 21 February.