Your chance to Meet the Veterans at IWM Duxford
- Credit: Archant
There is plenty to get your teeth into at Imperial War Museum Duxford over the remainder of the summer holidays.
Meet the Veterans starts tomorrow from 11am to 1pm – and visitors will have further opportunities to chat to people who have experienced a range of conflicts, including the Second World War, at the same time on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
If that piques your interest, there is plenty more where that came from with the Battle of Britain exhibition which runs until the last weekend of August.
A history interpreter dressed as a Spitfire pilot from 1940 will be on hand every weekend in the historic hangar used by RAF Duxford pilots during the Battle of Britain.
Those attending will be able to learn about the daily routine of a pilot, handle the original Battle of Britain equipment and see the aircraft that took part in dogfights over Britain.
Kids can get involved with family backpack activities, where they can explore the museum and learn about the aircraft in the extensive collection.
There are two backpacks on offer for children aged six and under and for children aged seven and above.
- 1 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Up on the roof: Choir sings from top of 163ft chapel tower at Cambridge college
For information on opening hours and ticket prices visit www.iwm.org.uk/events/iwm-duxford or call 01223 835000.