Your chance to Meet the Veterans at IWM Duxford
- Credit: Archant
There is plenty to get your teeth into at Imperial War Museum Duxford over the remainder of the summer holidays.
Meet the Veterans starts tomorrow from 11am to 1pm – and visitors will have further opportunities to chat to people who have experienced a range of conflicts, including the Second World War, at the same time on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
If that piques your interest, there is plenty more where that came from with the Battle of Britain exhibition which runs until the last weekend of August.
A history interpreter dressed as a Spitfire pilot from 1940 will be on hand every weekend in the historic hangar used by RAF Duxford pilots during the Battle of Britain.
Those attending will be able to learn about the daily routine of a pilot, handle the original Battle of Britain equipment and see the aircraft that took part in dogfights over Britain.
You may also want to watch:
Kids can get involved with family backpack activities, where they can explore the museum and learn about the aircraft in the extensive collection.
There are two backpacks on offer for children aged six and under and for children aged seven and above.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
For information on opening hours and ticket prices visit www.iwm.org.uk/events/iwm-duxford or call 01223 835000.