Your chance to Meet the Veterans at IWM Duxford
- Credit: Archant
There is plenty to get your teeth into at Imperial War Museum Duxford over the remainder of the summer holidays.
Meet the Veterans starts tomorrow from 11am to 1pm – and visitors will have further opportunities to chat to people who have experienced a range of conflicts, including the Second World War, at the same time on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
If that piques your interest, there is plenty more where that came from with the Battle of Britain exhibition which runs until the last weekend of August.
A history interpreter dressed as a Spitfire pilot from 1940 will be on hand every weekend in the historic hangar used by RAF Duxford pilots during the Battle of Britain.
Those attending will be able to learn about the daily routine of a pilot, handle the original Battle of Britain equipment and see the aircraft that took part in dogfights over Britain.
You may also want to watch:
Kids can get involved with family backpack activities, where they can explore the museum and learn about the aircraft in the extensive collection.
There are two backpacks on offer for children aged six and under and for children aged seven and above.
- 1 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Reed cricket players show prominently after production of Herts Cricket League averages for 2020 season
- 6 New infection control method at college to give 'peace of mind'
- 7 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
- 8 COVID-19 figures in South Cambs fall and rise in North Herts
- 9 More supermarkets say customers without masks will be refused entry
- 10 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
For information on opening hours and ticket prices visit www.iwm.org.uk/events/iwm-duxford or call 01223 835000.