Your chance to have fun and help a worthy cause as a volunteer at Therfield Heath fun day
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
We asked our volunteers in a recent survey about all the reasons they give their time to volunteering, answers included gaining new skills and building confidence – but the top two were having fun and meeting people
Here’s a chance to do both – the Samuels family are holding their Family Fun Day on The Heath again this year, due to the wonderful support for last year’s event and the generosity of the local community.
This event raises funds for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research in memory of their one year old daughter, Mia Ella Samuels.
So why not give a few hours of your time and volunteer to help make this event another huge success?
You may also want to watch:
You could help on a stall, be in charge of one of the inflatables or the stocks. There will be a coconut shy, cake stalls, tombola, win a teddy, lucky dip stalls, selling raffle tickets and more – all needing willing volunteers to take the money and make sure that everyone has a good time.
Volunteers are also needed from 8am to help set up and at 5pm on Sunday, August 16, to help clear away so even if you can’t be at the event itself, you can still be a part of it.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
All you need to do is contact us and we will put you in touch with Nicola Samuels.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk