Youngsters presented with medals at Melbourn Library for their reading efforts
- Credit: Archant
Young bookworms were presented with certificates and medals at Melbourn Library for their efforts in the Summer Reading Challenge.
Councillor Jose Hales made presentations to 17 children at the library, now based within Melbourn Hub in High Street.
She said: “You could see how pleased and how proud the youngsters were in having achieved their goals. It just goes to show that reading is still very enjoyable and we should encourage our young to do more of it.
“I have great respect for the library team at the Melbourn Hub, as they have worked tirelessly against all the odds to keep the village library open and vibrant. For that, I sincerely thank them.”
Since opening its doors in February, the hub has gone from strength to strength in its commitment to bringing the community together and there are growing numbers of library users.
You may also want to watch:
The library is open on weekdays from 2.30pm to 4.30pm and on Saturdays from 10am to midday.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 6 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease