Youngsters presented with medals at Melbourn Library for their reading efforts
- Credit: Archant
Young bookworms were presented with certificates and medals at Melbourn Library for their efforts in the Summer Reading Challenge.
Councillor Jose Hales made presentations to 17 children at the library, now based within Melbourn Hub in High Street.
She said: “You could see how pleased and how proud the youngsters were in having achieved their goals. It just goes to show that reading is still very enjoyable and we should encourage our young to do more of it.
“I have great respect for the library team at the Melbourn Hub, as they have worked tirelessly against all the odds to keep the village library open and vibrant. For that, I sincerely thank them.”
Since opening its doors in February, the hub has gone from strength to strength in its commitment to bringing the community together and there are growing numbers of library users.
You may also want to watch:
The library is open on weekdays from 2.30pm to 4.30pm and on Saturdays from 10am to midday.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided