Youngsters presented with medals at Melbourn Library for their reading efforts
- Credit: Archant
Young bookworms were presented with certificates and medals at Melbourn Library for their efforts in the Summer Reading Challenge.
Councillor Jose Hales made presentations to 17 children at the library, now based within Melbourn Hub in High Street.
She said: “You could see how pleased and how proud the youngsters were in having achieved their goals. It just goes to show that reading is still very enjoyable and we should encourage our young to do more of it.
“I have great respect for the library team at the Melbourn Hub, as they have worked tirelessly against all the odds to keep the village library open and vibrant. For that, I sincerely thank them.”
Since opening its doors in February, the hub has gone from strength to strength in its commitment to bringing the community together and there are growing numbers of library users.
You may also want to watch:
The library is open on weekdays from 2.30pm to 4.30pm and on Saturdays from 10am to midday.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire