Youngsters presented with medals at Melbourn Library for their reading efforts
- Credit: Archant
Young bookworms were presented with certificates and medals at Melbourn Library for their efforts in the Summer Reading Challenge.
Councillor Jose Hales made presentations to 17 children at the library, now based within Melbourn Hub in High Street.
She said: “You could see how pleased and how proud the youngsters were in having achieved their goals. It just goes to show that reading is still very enjoyable and we should encourage our young to do more of it.
“I have great respect for the library team at the Melbourn Hub, as they have worked tirelessly against all the odds to keep the village library open and vibrant. For that, I sincerely thank them.”
Since opening its doors in February, the hub has gone from strength to strength in its commitment to bringing the community together and there are growing numbers of library users.
You may also want to watch:
The library is open on weekdays from 2.30pm to 4.30pm and on Saturdays from 10am to midday.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 10 Crows to take defeats on the chin after unbeaten run comes to a frustrating end