Youngsters out to prove that Guilden has talent
TALENTED youngsters will be strutting their stuff in Guilden Morden this weekend. The village is hosting the inaugural Guilden s Got Talent contest this Saturday to raise funds for the village school, and will feature competitors aged five – 16. It has be
TALENTED youngsters will be strutting their stuff in Guilden Morden this weekend.
The village is hosting the inaugural Guilden's Got Talent contest this Saturday to raise funds for the village school, and will feature competitors aged five - 16.
It has been arranged by the school's PTA following an idea from one of the pupils.
Chair of the PTA, Jessica Heavey, said: "We have been thrilled with the response from the children, they have really embraced this event and have been practicing very hard for their various performances on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
"We have over 20 acts entered across the two categories - primary and secondary - with a variety of performances to look forward to ranging from dances, songs, musicians, comedy sketches and even a karate display.
"There will be four judges on hand to make comments on each act, although they have been instructed not to be too much like Simon Cowell," she added.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
A host of prizes have been donated, and money raised will be put towards the �2,000 needed to help fund a new outdoor learning resource that will benefit all the children at the school. A donation will also be made to the East Anglian Children's Hospice.
Judy Goldsmith, headteacher at the school, said: "It's a wonderful opportunity for the children to show off their many talents and raise money at the same time for two very good causes."
Guilden's Got Talent takes place at Guilden Morden village hall on Saturday 6 February, starting at 5.30pm. Entry is �1 and refreshments and raffle tickets will be on sale.
For further information please contact Jessica Heavey on 01763 853870 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.