Youngsters out to prove that Guilden has talent
TALENTED youngsters will be strutting their stuff in Guilden Morden this weekend. The village is hosting the inaugural Guilden s Got Talent contest this Saturday to raise funds for the village school, and will feature competitors aged five – 16. It has be
TALENTED youngsters will be strutting their stuff in Guilden Morden this weekend.
The village is hosting the inaugural Guilden's Got Talent contest this Saturday to raise funds for the village school, and will feature competitors aged five - 16.
It has been arranged by the school's PTA following an idea from one of the pupils.
Chair of the PTA, Jessica Heavey, said: "We have been thrilled with the response from the children, they have really embraced this event and have been practicing very hard for their various performances on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
"We have over 20 acts entered across the two categories - primary and secondary - with a variety of performances to look forward to ranging from dances, songs, musicians, comedy sketches and even a karate display.
"There will be four judges on hand to make comments on each act, although they have been instructed not to be too much like Simon Cowell," she added.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
A host of prizes have been donated, and money raised will be put towards the �2,000 needed to help fund a new outdoor learning resource that will benefit all the children at the school. A donation will also be made to the East Anglian Children's Hospice.
Judy Goldsmith, headteacher at the school, said: "It's a wonderful opportunity for the children to show off their many talents and raise money at the same time for two very good causes."
Guilden's Got Talent takes place at Guilden Morden village hall on Saturday 6 February, starting at 5.30pm. Entry is �1 and refreshments and raffle tickets will be on sale.
For further information please contact Jessica Heavey on 01763 853870 or via email email@example.com.