Youngsters may get new shelter
A NEW youth shelter could be on the agenda for Buntingford. Buntingford Town Council have drawn up a list of three possible sites for the shelter: Norfolk Road playing fields, Hare Street Road playing fields, and the Seth Ward Community Centre. Town cler
A NEW youth shelter could be on the agenda for Buntingford.
Buntingford Town Council have drawn up a list of three possible sites for the shelter: Norfolk Road playing fields, Hare Street Road playing fields, and the Seth Ward Community Centre.
Town clerk Jill Jones said: "A shelter would provide a gathering point for young people, and would hopefully help with the prevention of crime and anti-social behaviour.
"A lot of the villages have them and they have proved very popular.
You may also want to watch:
"We haven't decided to go ahead just yet.
"All the sites we've come up with are near residential areas and we want to consult residents first as we understand that they may have concerns."
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Citizens Advice North Herts reopens Royston office
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
A youth shelter is an open- sided structure similar to a bus shelter, and may contain features such as solar-powered lighting.
Consultation forms were included in the most recent edition of the town council's news letter.