Youngsters jump to it to get fit!
CHILDREN at St Mary s Primary School in Royston are feeling a little fitter after this year s Healthy School Week. The school organised a fun-packed and educational week, with activities including aerobics, pilates, infant yoga, trampolining, and table te
CHILDREN at St Mary's Primary School in Royston are feeling a little fitter after this year's Healthy School Week.
The school organised a fun-packed and educational week, with activities including aerobics, pilates, infant yoga, trampolining, and table tennis.
Class teacher Steven Cartwright said: The main idea was to promote three aspects to help build a healthy lifestyle. Exercise, diet and emotional health and wellbeing - or being happy, were central to the week's theme."
To enhance the week, the school ran a fruit tuck shop at breaktimes and a smoothie shop after school.
You may also want to watch:
They raised more than £100, and the money will go towards swimming and play equipment for pupils.
The week also saw youngsters take on extra responsibility, as Year 5 and 6 children volunteered to be play leaders, organising games at lunchtime for the younger ones.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
The Schools Sports Partnership helped out with multi-skills sessions and cycling, and Royston Rugby Club ran a mini rugby tournament for Years 3 and 4.
Businesses supported the week by donating prizes.
Mr Cartwright said: "The children loved the week. They got so much from an excellent community event."
THIS is photographer Daniel Wilson's picture of the week. For details of how to order photos from The Crow, see top of this page.