Youngsters face the music
Performing arts week at Meridian School
TALENTED students have been taking to the stage at a school’s performing arts week.
The Meridian School in Royston held a programme of events last week, featuring a wide range of drama and music events.
David Atkins, assistant head teacher at Meridian, said: “The whole week was a great success, thanks to all staff and students from Meridian and our partner schools, who helped to make it such a wonderful week.”
Indeed, Meridian students were joined by pupils from Greneway, Roysia, Icknield Walk, Studlands Rise, Tannery Drift, Roman Way, Therfield, Reed, Barley and Barkway schools for a Friday afternoon performance of Joseph and his amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
You may also want to watch:
A drama workshop on the essential Michael Jackson also proved popular, while Wednesday saw the famous “Live on the Line” cabaret event rock the school, with performances from 50 Meridian pupils.
Mr Atkins added: “There was a real range of music, from Colonel Bogey March, through artists such as Duffy and West End Shows, to The United States of Eurasia by Muse. A packed audience had a super evening’s entertainment.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 'It's one of the best gigs to do' - Troublemaker star Olly Murs looks ahead to his Newmarket Nights concert
Music of a more classical nature was performed at the summer concert, which featured a wind band, male, female, and mixed choirs, along with solo performances on piano, cello, trombone and double bass.