Youngsters enjoy making tasty treats with Royston’s Tesco community champion
- Credit: Archant
Children at a Royston holiday club have been enjoying some yummy treats thanks to the Tesco community champion.
Mandy Jinkerson, who is based at the Tesco Extra store in Old North Road, visited the children at Fair Play Holiday Club at Icknield Walk First School last week to help the make their healthy snacks.
She told the Crow: “There were 52 children and everyone was able to make a cone each.
“We started by dipping the cones in chocolate and then we filled them with a selection of fresh fruit.
“They were finished off with a spoon of Greek natural yogurt and strawberries dipped in chocolate.
“The children had great fun making them and it was great to see them trying lots of different fruits that some had never eaten before.”
If you are looking for something fun for your children to do this summer visit fairplaychildrensclub.co.uk/holiday-club.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 9 Missing woman from Royston found
- 10 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate