Youngsters bear up to life in the jungle
STEEPLE Morden Primary School pupils have been getting much more than the bear necessities during the school s jungle fortnight. On Monday they were visited by the Image Musical Theatre Company, who put on a production of The Jungle Book. Class teacher Vi
STEEPLE Morden Primary School pupils have been getting much more than the bear necessities during the school's jungle fortnight.
On Monday they were visited by the Image Musical Theatre Company, who put on a production of The Jungle Book.
Class teacher Victoria Penty said: "We have the theatre company in every year to perform different shows, and we knew they'd be doing The Jungle Book this term.
"So we thought it would be a good opportunity to do a whole scheme of activities centred on the jungle."
Children from across the school have been getting involved in a variety of ways, with jungle-themed lessons taking place in different subjects.
A corridor in the school has also been transformed into a tropical paradise, adorned with plants, trees, and vines.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 5 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
"The children have been adding to the display every day," said Victoria.
"It's really nice to see it evolve through the week as they bring in different bits and pieces.