Youngsters bear up to life in the jungle
STEEPLE Morden Primary School pupils have been getting much more than the bear necessities during the school s jungle fortnight. On Monday they were visited by the Image Musical Theatre Company, who put on a production of The Jungle Book. Class teacher Vi
STEEPLE Morden Primary School pupils have been getting much more than the bear necessities during the school's jungle fortnight.
On Monday they were visited by the Image Musical Theatre Company, who put on a production of The Jungle Book.
Class teacher Victoria Penty said: "We have the theatre company in every year to perform different shows, and we knew they'd be doing The Jungle Book this term.
"So we thought it would be a good opportunity to do a whole scheme of activities centred on the jungle."
You may also want to watch:
Children from across the school have been getting involved in a variety of ways, with jungle-themed lessons taking place in different subjects.
A corridor in the school has also been transformed into a tropical paradise, adorned with plants, trees, and vines.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
"The children have been adding to the display every day," said Victoria.
"It's really nice to see it evolve through the week as they bring in different bits and pieces.